Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach (any good?)

In summary, "Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach" aims to provide a more intuitive and physical understanding of calculus concepts, with a focus on real-world applications. The book is intended for a wide audience, including students, educators, and professionals, and covers both differential and integral calculus. While some familiarity with algebra and trigonometry may be helpful, the book is designed to be accessible to readers with varying levels of mathematical background. Additionally, the book includes interactive elements such as diagrams, graphs, and problem-solving activities to aid in understanding and applying calculus concepts.
swashbucklord
Hi all,
Teaching myself calculus. Wondering about the book in the title.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Depends for what. As a first exposure in higschool? Yeah sure. As a prep for college / college work? Probably not.

I can say that calculus is an essential tool in many fields of science and engineering. It allows us to understand and model complex systems and make accurate predictions. In my experience, finding a good resource for learning calculus is crucial.

I have not personally used the book "Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach," but from the title, it seems like it may offer a unique perspective on the subject. It is always beneficial to have a solid understanding of the physical and intuitive concepts behind mathematical principles, and this book may provide that.

However, I would recommend doing some research and reading reviews from other readers before making a decision on which book to use for self-teaching. It's also a good idea to consult with a math instructor or someone who has a strong understanding of calculus to get their opinion on the book.

Overall, I believe that with dedication and the right resources, anyone can learn calculus. So keep exploring and don't hesitate to try out different materials until you find one that works best for you. Best of luck in your learning journey!

1. What is the main premise of "Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach"?

The main premise of this book is to provide a more intuitive and physical understanding of calculus concepts, rather than just focusing on mathematical formulas and techniques.

2. Who is the intended audience for this book?

This book is intended for anyone who wants to understand calculus in a deeper and more intuitive way, including students, educators, and professionals in fields that use calculus.

3. Does this book cover both differential and integral calculus?

Yes, this book covers both differential and integral calculus, as well as their applications in real-world scenarios.

4. Are there any prerequisites for reading this book?

Some familiarity with basic algebra and trigonometry may be helpful, but the book is designed to be accessible to readers with varying levels of mathematical background.

5. Are there any interactive elements in this book?

Yes, this book includes interactive elements such as diagrams, graphs, and problem-solving activities to aid in understanding and applying calculus concepts.