PF now using gum drops to show online status?

• Thread starter Mark44
  • Start date
In summary, PF now uses circles next to a poster's name to indicate online presence, with a white circle for offline and a green circle for online. Posting education in one's profile will now display under the number of posts. The color green with a gray center means the user is invisible. The gum drops are sugar-free. The new dots are cute. However, this change renders signatures, such as "Physics undergraduate student," useless.
I just noticed today that PF is now using a small circle beside a poster's name to indicate online presence, with a white circle for offline and a green circle for online.

Physics news on Phys.org
Mark44 said:
I just noticed today that PF is now using a small circle beside a poster's name to indicate online presence, with a white circle for offline and a green circle for online.
Yeah, Greg's been fiddling with stuff again, you'll also notice if you post your education in your profile, it appears under your number of posts now.

Mark44 said:

Yup, I needed to make some room :smile:

I guess green dot means online and white dot means offline, but what does green with a gray(?) center mean?

jtbell said:
I guess green dot means online and white dot means offline, but what does green with a gray(?) center mean?
You mean yours and mine? Invisible.

Evo said:
You mean yours and mine? Invisible.

Don't be experimenting with the ban gun to see what color it turns. :devil:

Greg Bernhardt said:
btw the gum drops are sugar free
Nom, nom!

I like the dots, they're cute.

I like the new look.
However...
Evo said:
Yeah, Greg's been fiddling with stuff again, you'll also notice if you post your education in your profile, it appears under your number of posts now.
:/ So basically it means my signature is 100% useless. Will have to think about another one.

Signature: Physics undergraduate student.

1. How does PF use gum drops to show online status?

PF uses a system of color-coded gum drops to indicate a user's online status. Green gum drops represent users who are currently online, while red gum drops indicate users who are currently offline.

2. Why did PF choose to use gum drops instead of other methods for showing online status?

PF chose to use gum drops because they are visually appealing and easy to understand. They also wanted to add a fun and playful element to their online platform.

3. Can users customize the color of their online status gum drop?

At this time, users are not able to customize the color of their online status gum drop. However, PF is constantly looking for ways to improve their platform and may consider adding this feature in the future.

4. How accurate is the online status indicator using gum drops?

The online status indicator using gum drops is very accurate. The system is constantly updating in real-time, so users can trust that the color of their gum drop is an accurate representation of their online status.

5. Are there any plans to change or update the gum drop system in the future?

As mentioned before, PF is constantly working to improve their platform. This may include updates or changes to the gum drop system in the future. However, there are no current plans to do so.