You are currently using 7.39 MB to store 178 uploaded attachments

• Thread starter Studiot
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing the amount of storage space currently being used for uploaded attachments. There is some confusion about forum etiquette and whether there is a limit to the number of attachments that can be uploaded. The speaker also expresses concern about uploading too much and potentially needing to upgrade to a larger server.
Studiot
You are currently using 7.39 MB to store 178 uploaded attachments

I have really no idea whether this is Good, Bad or Ugly so if Clint would like to explain forum etiquette I would be grateful.

Physics news on Phys.org

Studiot said:
I have really no idea whether this is Good, Bad or Ugly so if Clint would like to explain forum etiquette I would be grateful.
Are you asking if there is a limit to the number of attachments you can upload? Please be more specific when you ask questions.

Thanks.

Evo said:
Are you asking if there is a limit to the number of attachments you can upload? Please be more specific when you ask questions.

Thanks.

I think he is asking whether he should feel guilty for uploading so much to the server. :smile:

micromass said:
I think he is asking whether he should feel guilty for uploading so much to the server. :smile:
Then they should say so.

My stats: You are currently using 13.39 MB to store 282 uploaded attachments

micromass said:

Evo said:
Then they should say so.

My stats: You are currently using 13.39 MB to store 282 uploaded attachments
Now I feel guilty for uploading too much. I think I'll have to Upgrade for an extra year; bigger server for Greg.

dlgoff said:
Now I feel guilty for uploading too much. I think I'll have to Upgrade for an extra year; bigger server for Greg.
Done.

Don, you just completed your payment.

Thanks Greg.

dlgoff said:

Yes yes, you must keep upgrading :devil: :biggrin:

pfft. I'm such an amateur.

You are currently using 4.45 MB to store 180 uploaded attachments.

1. How much storage space do I have remaining for additional attachments?

As a scientist, it is important to keep track of your storage space. In this case, you currently have approximately 7.39 MB of space being used for 178 uploaded attachments. Therefore, you have approximately 7.39 MB of remaining storage space for additional attachments.

2. Can I delete old attachments to free up storage space?

Yes, you can delete old attachments to free up storage space. Be sure to carefully review and delete only the attachments that are no longer needed, as once they are deleted they cannot be recovered.

3. Is there a limit to the number of attachments I can upload?

As a scientist, it is important to have access to all relevant data and information. Therefore, there is no limit to the number of attachments you can upload. However, be mindful of your storage space and regularly delete old or unnecessary attachments.

4. What happens if I exceed my storage space limit?

If you exceed your storage space limit, you will no longer be able to upload new attachments. You will need to either delete old attachments to free up space or upgrade your storage plan to accommodate more attachments.

5. Can I compress attachments to save storage space?

Yes, you can compress attachments to save storage space. This can be done by using file compression software or selecting the option to compress files when uploading them. However, keep in mind that compressed files may be more difficult to access and view, so it is important to weigh the benefits and drawbacks before compressing attachments.