Topics for physics presentations.

In summary, for a physics presentation, it is important to choose specific and researchable topics. Instead of broad topics like sports, it is recommended to focus on specific aspects such as the physics of ball travel. The speaker has come up with 7 topics so far and is looking for more suggestions. They are currently studying first-year high school physics and have covered various topics such as motion, forces, energy, and thermodynamics. Suggestions for topics include solar power as an easy option with room for detailed explanation and discussion of advantages and disadvantages.
Amb1ence

Homework Statement

For my physics presentation, I need to choose viable and researchable topics. The teacher mentioned that specificity is key; for example, instead of doing the broad topic of sport of football, we should instead do the topic of a how the ball travels. So far, I've acquired 7 topics, but I want at least 15 topics to be safe. Any help?

Homework Equations

None for now.

The Attempt at a Solution

Here are my seven topics.
- How a snowboard is able to travel down a hill.
- Physics of a billiard ball and how it hits/travels.
- Physics of a NASCAR tire/car body
- Physics of pole vaulting.
- Physics of shot putting.
- Physics of how a football travels.
- Physics of a water wheel – how it spins and how it generates energy

Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of physics class is this? High School? Freshmen College?

Yes, it would help to know what level of physics you are working at.

I'm in first year high school physics. So far, we've covered one-dimensional motion, 2D motion, vectors, forces, laws of motion, work/energy, momentum/collisions, rotational motion, torque, fluid mechanics (buoyant force, floating), heat, pressure, and a little bit of thermodynamics

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
If you want something REALLY easy, I would do an energy source such as solar power. Here the main points are quite simple, but there is a lot of room to give more detailed explanation. It is also quite nice in the way that you can offer both advantages and dissadvanatges and make your own suggestions.

Thank you, Mayday. :)

Any other ideas?

1. What are some interesting topics for physics presentations?

Some interesting topics for physics presentations include quantum mechanics, relativity, thermodynamics, particle physics, and electromagnetism. Other topics could include astrophysics, fluid dynamics, and nanotechnology.

2. How do I choose a topic for my physics presentation?

When choosing a topic for your physics presentation, consider your interests and strengths in the subject. You could also consult with your teacher or do some research to find a topic that is relevant and engaging for your audience.

3. Can I present on a recent discovery or breakthrough in physics?

Yes, presenting on a recent discovery or breakthrough in physics can be a great way to engage your audience and showcase your knowledge of the subject. Just be sure to thoroughly research and understand the topic before presenting it.

4. Do I need to have a deep understanding of physics to present on a topic?

It is recommended to have a solid understanding of physics before presenting on a topic. However, with thorough research and practice, you can present on a topic even if you are not an expert in the subject.

5. How can I make my physics presentation more interactive?

To make your physics presentation more interactive, you can incorporate demonstrations, experiments, or hands-on activities that allow the audience to engage with the concepts being presented. You could also include interactive elements such as polls or quizzes to keep the audience engaged and involved.