Cheap Practicality (or Practical Cheapness) (or just frugality)

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Practical
In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's ability to create useful devices out of household items, and their latest idea of making their own Q-tips using used toothpicks and cat hair. Some humor was also exchanged involving the potential use of a homemade bucket and the speaker's disinterest in hearing about any alternative uses for Q-tips.
Danger
Gold Member
Many of you here are used to the idea that I design and/or build useful devices of a mechanical nature out of **** that I've had lying around the house for 40 years. I do believe, however, that I have now come up with the ultimate (non-mechanical) recycling idea.
My house is totally littered with both used toothpicks and cat hair. It occurred to me last night...
...I now make my own Q-tips. :approve:

Anyone else have such practical uses for stuff that people think is waste?

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
Many of you here are used to the idea that I design and/or build useful devices of a mechanical nature out of **** that I've had lying around the house for 40 years. I do believe, however, that I have now come up with the ultimate (non-mechanical) recycling idea.
My house is totally littered with both used toothpicks and cat hair. It occurred to me last night...
...I now make my own Q-tips. :approve:

Anyone else have such practical uses for stuff that people think is waste?
Ahahaha.

I think you may need to come up with one more item like a home made bucket 'cause I'm going to lose my lunch.

FredGarvin said:
I think you may need to come up with one more item like a home made bucket 'cause I'm going to lose my lunch.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm not sure what you use your Q-tips for. I'm referring to their proper purposes of cleaning small objects and applying touch-up makeup on Hallowe'en appliances. If you have some usage more aligned with your genitalia, I don't want to hear about it. :yuck:

Last edited:

1. What is the difference between "cheap practicality" and "practical cheapness"?

Cheap practicality refers to finding affordable and functional solutions to everyday needs. Practical cheapness, on the other hand, emphasizes finding the most cost-effective options for specific needs.

2. How can I incorporate frugality into my daily life?

There are many ways to practice frugality in your daily life, such as creating a budget and sticking to it, shopping for deals and discounts, and being mindful of your purchases to avoid unnecessary expenses.

3. Is being frugal the same as being cheap?

No, being frugal means being wise with your money and making intentional choices to save, while being cheap often involves sacrificing quality for the sake of saving money.

4. Can being frugal actually save me money in the long run?

Yes, practicing frugality can save you money in the long run by helping you avoid unnecessary expenses and allowing you to save for future needs or investments.

5. How can I maintain a balance between being frugal and still enjoying life?

It's important to find a balance between being frugal and enjoying life. This can be achieved by prioritizing your spending, finding ways to save on things that are less important to you, and allowing yourself occasional splurges within your budget.