Can a Gold Membership Shield Me From Infraction Points on PF?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gold
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking if they will get a refund if they are kicked off a forum after paying for a membership. They also ask if being a member has any benefits in terms of shielding from being banned. The person states they are willing to pay to stay on the forum, but may need to PM certain members. Another person advises them to stop complaining about their infractions publicly and to contact a mentor or the forum owner directly. They warn that continuously discussing their bans may result in a permanent ban.
tribdog
If I pay the money and get kicked off PF again, do I get my money back? Does a membership have shielding qualities? I'll pay the money if it means I can stick around. I won't post anything too controversial, but there are some mentors I might have to PM. Would a membership help me in anyway when I tell the people who I thought were my friends that I had hoped one of them would have stuck up for me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you going for some sort of record Trib?

The thing is, I don't think people realize what PF means to me and how personal and deeply I take these bannings. It really hurt me.

No, you will not be able to bribe the mentors by buying a gold membership.

Seriously, you need to stop moaning about your infraction record in public. If you have a problem, PM a mentor, or Greg. Continuing to spout about this in the public forums will result in a permanent ban. How many times do you need to be told this?

1. What benefits do I get with a gold membership?

A gold membership typically includes perks such as access to exclusive content, discounts on products or services, and priority customer support.

2. How much does a gold membership cost?

The cost of a gold membership varies depending on the organization or company offering it. Some may have a one-time fee, while others may require a monthly or annual subscription.

3. Can I upgrade to a gold membership from a lower tier?

Yes, you can typically upgrade your membership to a higher tier at any time. However, there may be an additional fee or process involved.

4. Are there any limitations or restrictions with a gold membership?

This will depend on the specific gold membership you are purchasing. Some may have restrictions on the duration of the membership or the benefits that can be redeemed.

5. How do I cancel my gold membership?

To cancel your gold membership, you will need to follow the cancellation process outlined by the organization or company. This may involve contacting customer service or filling out a form.