Australian mathematics competition, papers needed

In summary, the person is looking for worked out solutions for the Australian maths competition from 2002-2009 and asks if anyone can provide them or recommend a website. They mention that usually practice papers have to be purchased and can be expensive. A quick Google search yielded a website that has solutions and papers for previous years, but it seems that anything more may have to be paid for. The current year's solutions are not available, but there are solutions and papers for the previous set.
Vals509
does anyone have any worked out solutions for the Australian maths competition for the years 2002-2009.

i really need them and would be really greatful if anyone could provide me with some or the name of a website that has these papers.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Usually practice paper, you have to buy them if you want a collection of several years and are fairly expensive >$40 AUD.

A quick Google search yielded these results :

http://www.amt.canberra.edu.au/wuamc.html

I'm thinking you'll have to pay for anything more. There aren't any solutions for the current year, but under each heading there's solutions and the paper for the previous set.

Hope that helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Australian mathematics competition, papers needed

1. What is the Australian Mathematics Competition?

The Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC) is an annual mathematics competition for students in primary and secondary schools in Australia. It is organized by the Australian Mathematics Trust and aims to promote mathematical problem-solving and critical thinking skills.

2. Who can participate in the Australian Mathematics Competition?

The AMC is open to all students in Australia, from primary school to Year 12. There are different levels of papers for different age groups: Junior for students in Years 3-4, Intermediate for Years 5-6, and Senior for Years 7-12.

3. What papers are needed for the Australian Mathematics Competition?

Students are required to have pencils, erasers, and a calculator for the competition. They will be provided with the necessary question papers and answer sheets by their school or invigilator.

4. How can I prepare for the Australian Mathematics Competition?

The best way to prepare for the AMC is to practice solving mathematical problems. There are many resources available, such as past papers, practice books, and online resources. It is also helpful to understand the types of questions that may be asked on the competition and to familiarize yourself with the format and time constraints.

5. What are the benefits of participating in the Australian Mathematics Competition?

The AMC provides an opportunity for students to challenge themselves and improve their problem-solving skills. It also allows students to compare their abilities with other students in Australia and internationally. Additionally, top-performing students may receive recognition and awards, which can enhance their academic resume and potentially open doors for future opportunities.