The recent makeup of topcited Loop/Spinfoam research (window on current work)

In summary, to get a snapshot of current Loop/Spinfoam research, one can use Spires and search for "k spin,foam or (dk quantum gravity and dk loop space) and date > 2006". By sorting the results by "Approximate citation count", one can find over 250 papers from the past 3 years, with the most important ones appearing first. This is a useful tool for those looking to understand the current makeup of LQG research or stay updated on the latest developments.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
To get a kind of snapshot of current Loop/Spinfoam research you can go to Spires and type this in the search box:
k spin,foam or (dk quantum gravity and dk loop space) and date > 2006

In case anyone is wondering, k or dk means keyword. dk uses the keyword set maintained by DESY librarians. You can replace dk by k if you want and it probably won't change the result.

Spires is here:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/spires/hep/
They give a pulldown menu of sort options. Choose sort by "Approximate citation count". You get a list of over 250 Loop/Spinfoam papers that appeared in the past 3 years (2007, 2008, 2009) and it helps have them listed by citation count so you get the most important or influential ones to appear first. I'd tend to pay special attention to the top 20 or so.

If you do that, type in the above and select that sorting, you get this:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/spires/find/hep/www?rawcmd=k+spin%2Cfoam+or+%28dk+quantum+gravity+and+dk+loop+space%29+and+date+%3E+2006&FORMAT=WWW&SEQUENCE=citecount%28d%29

People are often asking about the makeup of current LQG research, "where does my favorite researcher or favorite notion fit in?", or "what is LQG?" If you have that kind of question this is a way of finding out. For any paper you can click on "abstract" and see a short summary, or "PDF" and get the whole article free download.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Thank you for sharing this valuable resource! it is important to stay up-to-date on current research in our field, and Spires seems like a great tool for doing so. I appreciate the explanation of the search options and the suggestion to sort by citation count. This will definitely help me narrow down the most significant and influential papers in Loop/Spinfoam research. I will definitely be using this in my future research and recommend it to my colleagues as well.

Thank you for sharing this valuable information about the current makeup of topcited Loop/Spinfoam research. The search method using Spires is a great way to get a snapshot of the current state of research in this field. It is interesting to see that there are over 250 papers published in the past three years alone, indicating a high level of activity and interest in this area.

Sorting the results by citation count is a useful way to identify the most influential and important papers in this field. It is also helpful to have the option to view the abstract or download the full article for further reading.

This information is particularly useful for those who are new to Loop/Spinfoam research or who are looking to explore different areas within this field. It provides a comprehensive overview and allows for a better understanding of the current trends and directions in research. Thank you for providing this resource, it will definitely be helpful for anyone looking to gain a better understanding of Loop/Spinfoam research.

1. What is Loop/Spinfoam research?

Loop/Spinfoam research is a field of theoretical physics that aims to unify quantum mechanics and general relativity. It involves investigating the properties of space and time at the smallest scales, using a mathematical framework known as loop quantum gravity.

2. How is the recent makeup of topcited Loop/Spinfoam research relevant?

The recent makeup of topcited Loop/Spinfoam research gives us insight into the current trends and advancements in the field. It helps us understand the direction of research and the most influential papers and researchers.

3. What is the significance of topcited papers in Loop/Spinfoam research?

Topcited papers in Loop/Spinfoam research represent the most cited and influential works in the field. They provide important insights and advancements in the understanding of quantum gravity and are often used as a basis for further research.

4. How can the recent makeup of topcited Loop/Spinfoam research help other researchers?

The recent makeup of topcited Loop/Spinfoam research can serve as a guide for other researchers by highlighting the most relevant and impactful papers in the field. It can also help identify potential collaborators and research directions.

5. What does the current work in Loop/Spinfoam research tell us about the future of the field?

The current work in Loop/Spinfoam research suggests that the field is rapidly advancing and gaining more attention from the scientific community. It also indicates that there is still much to be explored and understood in order to achieve a complete understanding of quantum gravity and its implications for our understanding of the universe.