Terran Archive of Biographies (TABs)

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the idea of a website that would hold the life stories of all humankind, similar to Mormon genealogies and Facebook creativity. The website would compile conventional biographies with diaristic flourishes using electronic records and interviews, making it as extensive as a celebrity's. The main question was whether this idea would gain popularity in the next decade. One suggestion was to use the information to power a computer algorithm that would allow people to correspond with someone after they have passed, based on their writings and opinions. However, there were concerns about misuse of the technology.
Loren Booda
Would a site holding the life stories of all humankind gain popularity in the next decade?

I refer to something between Mormon genealogies and Facebook creativity. I have in mind a conventional biography including diaristic flourishes, compiled from electronic records and interviews throughout our lives, yet as extensive as a celebrity's. It would encourage objectivity, seeking factual events.

Do you think this idea could fly?

Physics news on Phys.org
My first thought was who would really care that much about our lives after we're gone. After considering that, I think that what would make this popular is to use the information to power a computer algorithm that would allow a person to correspond with someone after they have passed. Responses would be based on the writings, opinions, etc. of the deceased person. The more data that you have, the more lifelike the responses. With enough video recordings, you could probably even simulate talking directly to their face. The main problem that I see right away is what is to stop someone from misusing technology like that? Especially if they were still alive?

1. What is the Terran Archive of Biographies (TABs)?

The Terran Archive of Biographies (TABs) is a digital database that contains biographical information about individuals from various fields and backgrounds.

2. Who can access the TABs?

The TABs is accessible to the public, including researchers, students, and anyone interested in learning about the lives of influential individuals throughout history.

3. How is the information in TABs collected and verified?

The information in TABs is collected from various reliable sources, such as books, articles, and interviews with the individuals or their families. The accuracy of the information is also verified by a team of researchers and historians.

4. Can users contribute to the TABs?

At the moment, only authorized researchers and historians can contribute to the TABs. However, the archive is continuously updated and expanded, so user contributions may be considered in the future.

5. Is the TABs available in multiple languages?

Currently, the TABs is only available in English. However, efforts are being made to translate the database into other languages in order to make it accessible to a wider audience.