Looking for help in Introduction Mechanics(Kleppner) and EM(Purcell)

• Thread starter 4everphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Introduction
In summary, the speaker is an undergraduate physics major who has recently transferred to a university after studying hard at a community college. They are disappointed in their understanding of advanced physics topics and are seeking help from others who have successfully mastered the material. They have joined a forum for physics enthusiasts and are asking for assistance and guidance throughout the summer.
4everphysics
Hello everyone.
Thank you so much for taking your personal time to read my post.
I am a very zealous and passionate undergraduate physics major!
I've changed my major to physics about two years ago in my community college, and I will be now transferring to a university as a physics major.

I've studied very hard in the classes offered at my community college, and to my satisfactory, I was ranked 'one' in all three of my physics classes. However, even with such hard work, when I looked at the "introduction to mechanics book" used at MIT and "E&M" book at Berkeley, I frequently found myself lost. I am very disappointed about myself, and I intend to master these books during the summer.

I would like to humbly ask for help from a person that may have finished or have read one of these books completely and successfully. I want extensive help, since I will be asking lot of questions... If there is someone that wouldn't mind helping me through my exciting physics journey during the summer, I would be extremely delighted!

I am glad to have found this forum with so many passionate fellow physicists. Thank you for taking time to read my post. If you would not mind leaving me a e-mail, or talking with me through msg throughout the summer, I would be extremely glad.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums!

Post your questions here. You're more likely to get timely answers when a lot of people see your questions, and if someone messes up, others can correct him/her. Also, other people can benefit from the discussion.

If you want help with specific exercises or homework problems, post in one of the subforums of "Homework & Coursework Questions." If you want to clarify concepts, use one of the discussion forums: Classical Physics would be appropriate for both Kleppner and Purcell.

1. What is the best way to approach studying Introduction Mechanics and EM?

The best way to study Introduction Mechanics and EM is to follow a structured approach. Start by reading the textbook and taking notes on the key concepts and formulas. Then, practice solving problems from the end of each chapter and check your answers. You can also seek help from your professor or a tutor if you are struggling with a particular concept or problem.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in Introduction Mechanics and EM?

The key to improving your problem-solving skills in Introduction Mechanics and EM is to practice regularly. Start by solving simple problems and then gradually move on to more complex ones. Try to understand the underlying concepts and principles instead of just memorizing formulas. You can also join a study group or attend review sessions to get additional practice and feedback.

3. Are there any online resources that can help me with Introduction Mechanics and EM?

Yes, there are several online resources that can help you with Introduction Mechanics and EM. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Physics Classroom. These resources offer comprehensive lessons, practice problems, and interactive simulations to help you better understand the concepts and improve your problem-solving skills.

4. How can I stay motivated while studying Introduction Mechanics and EM?

Staying motivated while studying Introduction Mechanics and EM can be challenging, but it's important to remember why you are studying these subjects. Try setting achievable goals for yourself and rewarding yourself when you reach them. You can also find a study partner or join a study group to keep yourself accountable and motivated. Additionally, take breaks when you need them and don't be too hard on yourself if you don't understand a concept right away.

5. How can I prepare for exams in Introduction Mechanics and EM?

To prepare for exams in Introduction Mechanics and EM, make sure you have a solid understanding of the key concepts and formulas. Review your notes and practice solving problems from previous assignments and exams. You can also try creating study guides or flashcards to help you memorize important information. Don't cram the night before the exam, instead, space out your studying over a few weeks to allow for better retention of the material.