Learn Latex Easily: http://arachnoid.com/latex/

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter schrodingerscat11
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, Latex is a typesetting language used for creating professional-looking documents in fields such as mathematics, sciences, and engineering. While it has a steeper learning curve, it is not necessarily difficult to learn and there are many online resources available for beginners. Latex can be used for various types of documents and is compatible with all major operating systems.
schrodingerscat11
Dear all,

For those newbie in Latex like me, I found this website: http://arachnoid.com/latex/

It displays equations immediately once you type them at the Latex editing window. No need to put the itex and /itex .

This is useful for those who tend to preview their post a lot to keep track if they're still writing the correct stuff.

Good for practice too! ^-^

Cheers!

physicsjn

Last edited:
Likes commodorekitty
Physics news on Phys.org
You're welcome! :)

1. What is Latex and why should I learn it?

Latex is a typesetting language used for creating professional-looking documents, particularly in the fields of mathematics, sciences, and engineering. It offers precise control over the layout and formatting of documents, making it ideal for creating complex documents with mathematical equations, graphs, and tables.

2. Is Latex difficult to learn?

While Latex has a steeper learning curve compared to other document editing tools, it is not necessarily difficult to learn. It requires familiarity with a few basic commands and syntax, which can be easily picked up with practice and the help of online resources.

3. How can I get started with learning Latex?

There are many online resources available for learning Latex, including tutorials, videos, and forums. The "Learn Latex Easily" guide is a great place to start, as it offers a comprehensive and easy-to-follow tutorial with step-by-step instructions and examples.

4. Can Latex be used for all types of documents?

While Latex is primarily used for creating scientific and technical documents, it can also be used for other types of documents such as resumes, letters, and presentations. It offers a wide range of customizable templates and packages that can be used for various types of documents.

5. Is Latex compatible with all operating systems?

Yes, Latex is compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is an open-source software and can be downloaded for free from the internet.