HHO Water4Gas Increase Mileage

• Thread starter emagray
  • Start date
  • Tags
    increase
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of hydrogen gas in vehicles to improve gas mileage. While some claim to have seen significant increases in gas mileage by installing a water electrolyzer and running the gases emitted into the intake, others believe it to be a hoax or scam. The potential for using hydrogen to improve combustion efficiency and burn rate is mentioned, but it is noted that this would require specialized skills and access to the car's computer. The conversation also touches on the idea of using a vehicle's kinetic energy recovery system to power a hydrogen generator while braking, but this is deemed inefficient. Overall, there is skepticism about the effectiveness of using hydrogen gas in vehicles for improved gas mileage.
emagray
my uncle has been watching the videos on youtube with all of the people who supposedly gained gas mileage by installing a water electrolizer on their car and running the gases emitted into the intake. now I've tried telling him about the conservation of energy law and how that little bit of HHO gas isn't going to make a difference because the MAF sensor on his car will still tell the ecu to inject just as much gas as it always does, however he believes that because there is such a hype on the internet there has to be some truth to the tale. i can't think of a good explanation of why they get "better" gas mileage other than placebo effect and less aggressive driving but i could be missing something.

does anyone know of these systems and is there any truth to the claim? i am very interested and if it is true i would like to know how it works and want to try it to my car.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The ones you see on youtube that claim massive increases (I've heard like 40%) are either hoaxes or just errors.

However, it is theoretically possible to use hydrogen to improve the combustion efficiency and burn rate by a few percent to get an overall gain of a few percent, if your hydrogen generator is efficient. I can't imagine this could be done by an individual without specialized skills and access to the car's computer to alter the fuel/air mixture.

We have a bunch of threads on the subject you can do a search for, including some with a NASA study on the subject that investigated the combustion improvements I mentioned above.

emagray said:
my uncle has been watching the videos on youtube with all of the people who supposedly gained gas mileage by installing a water electrolizer on their car and running the gases emitted into the intake. now I've tried telling him about the conservation of energy law and how that little bit of HHO gas isn't going to make a difference because the MAF sensor on his car will still tell the ecu to inject just as much gas as it always does, however he believes that because there is such a hype on the internet there has to be some truth to the tale. i can't think of a good explanation of why they get "better" gas mileage other than placebo effect and less aggressive driving but i could be missing something.

does anyone know of these systems and is there any truth to the claim? i am very interested and if it is true i would like to know how it works and want to try it to my car.

Hoax. Scam. Avoid.

I looked into these a while back and found (unsurprisingly) that their claims are completely unsubstantiated, and the "science" posted in support of them either makes little or no sense, or else it is unrelated to what happens inside an engine.

SpectraCat said:
Hoax. Scam. Avoid.

I looked into these a while back and found (unsurprisingly) that their claims are completely unsubstantiated, and the "science" posted in support of them either makes little or no sense, or else it is unrelated to what happens inside an engine.
So did I and thought the same until I realized there must be some gain when the vehicle breaks, though there is usualy no reference to this effect.
To explain the alternator must act as KERS device when you break.
If you have a HHO device fitted.
So any gas produced will be a bonus which would have gone to waste as heat.

I think you mean "when the vehicle brakes" rather than "breaks"!

Buckleymanor said:
So did I and thought the same until I realized there must be some gain when the vehicle breaks, though there is usualy no reference to this effect.
To explain the alternator must act as KERS device when you break.
If you have a HHO device fitted.
So any gas produced will be a bonus which would have gone to waste as heat.

Buckley, if a vehicle has a KE recovery alternator system then it would normally charge the battery when braking, so as to reduce the amount of alternator power required during normal driving. This electrical energy is needed to run the ignition and other electrical systems in the car, if you divert it to make HHO then you only have to take more power from the alternator during regular driving. So I fail to see your point.

HallsofIvy said:
I think you mean "when the vehicle brakes" rather than "breaks"!
Yes.

uart said:
Buckley, if a vehicle has a KE recovery alternator system then it would normally charge the battery when braking, so as to reduce the amount of alternator power required during normal driving. This electrical energy is needed to run the ignition and other electrical systems in the car, if you divert it to make HHO then you only have to take more power from the alternator during regular driving. So I fail to see your point.
There is a surplus of energy that goes to waste when brakeing.
So much, that a separate alternator could be added to the vehicle that would power a HHO device when brakeing.
The amount of electrical energy needed to run the car is minimal compared to the amount of energy wasted when brakeing which could be recovered and stored.

A chemical regenerative braking systems is possible but hardly the most effective.
You would need a huge alternator to sink anything like the 200Hp energy dump when braking, you need to carry a fresh water source tank, then you have to store a pressurized mix of H2/O2.

A flywheel or a battery would seem like a better bet.

Or you could use an adiabatic expansion gas system linked to a cybernetic control unit with optical inputs - also known as taking your foot of the gas when you see red lights ahead.

Wouldn't the hydrogen use up oxygen in the charge that is needed to combust gasoline faster than the gasoline? I think it makes sense to use oxygen in the heat engine to increase delta T and use hydrogen post combustion in another stage along with more fresh air in conjunction with catalyzed exhaust air. Feed it into a thermoelectric generator and, along with regenerative braking, increase efficiency?
Aside from the theory here it would be interesting if it is economical to build, run, and repair this system type. Hybrids seem to have a favorable cost-benefit ratio AFAIK. And from that perspective, tax the hell out of non-commercial trucks and rear wheel drive vehicles! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Energy_flows_in_car.svg)
Now after typing all this I haven't accounted for the energy needed to split the water molecule :-/ . I think the most beneficial advances are going to be in material sciences in tires and lubricants.

mgb_phys said:
A chemical regenerative braking systems is possible but hardly the most effective.
You would need a huge alternator to sink anything like the 200Hp energy dump when braking, you need to carry a fresh water source tank, then you have to store a pressurized mix of H2/O2.

A flywheel or a battery would seem like a better bet.

Or you could use an adiabatic expansion gas system linked to a cybernetic control unit with optical inputs - also known as taking your foot of the gas when you see red lights ahead.
Yes I can see you points.
There could be some advantages though.
I don't imagine a large pressurized tank would be needed to store the mix as long as the fuel was burnt as quickly as possible after it was produced.
Only a small tank would be needed if the water produced after combustion was recovered,
The weight of the alternator would be comparable to flywheel or battery.You might get better storage from a HHO device in as much that more recovered energy could be used more efficiently.
There is nothing more annoying than watching your flywheel run down after you have stoped.

1. What is HHO Water4Gas and how does it increase mileage?

HHO Water4Gas is a technology that involves using a small amount of electricity to split water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen gas, also known as Brown's gas. This gas is then injected into the engine's combustion chamber, allowing for a more efficient burn of the fuel and increasing mileage.

2. Is HHO Water4Gas safe to use in my vehicle?

Yes, HHO Water4Gas is safe to use in your vehicle. It does not require any modifications to your engine and the gas produced is not harmful to the environment. However, it is important to carefully follow the instructions for installation to ensure proper and safe usage.

3. How much of an increase in mileage can I expect from using HHO Water4Gas?

The increase in mileage can vary depending on the vehicle, driving habits, and road conditions. However, on average, users have reported an increase of 20-30% in mileage after installing HHO Water4Gas.

4. Can I install HHO Water4Gas myself or do I need a professional?

Some people may choose to install HHO Water4Gas themselves, as it does not require extensive mechanical knowledge. However, it is recommended to have a professional install the system to ensure proper installation and avoid any potential risks.

5. Will using HHO Water4Gas void my vehicle's warranty?

Using HHO Water4Gas should not void your vehicle's warranty as it does not involve any major modifications to the engine. However, it is always best to check with your vehicle's manufacturer or dealership to be sure.