Find Your Purpose of Life - 65 Chars

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary: I'm not looking for a specific goal, I'd just like a meaningful, long-term relationship.In summary, Mickey wants to be in a meaningful, long-term relationship, have children, and be eaten.
heman
Your's purpose of life!

I hope i don't want to hear about the aims but rather like what do you want from life...like the most common line which i hear is "i want to know who i am"...have you been precisely able to define that what you want from life and is it necessary to want something from life...there comes a point when you start questioning even very basic questions...and it becomes tough when very fundamental things become questions itself..

Physics news on Phys.org
Enough money to be comfortable so that I can concentrate on what really matters(enjoying life in whatever way takes my fancy I guess) Apart from that just a happy set of memories when I die, very vague but I'm not looking for the moon, just having an enjoyable existence and whatever it takes to get that is enough for me(don't even care if I don't get all I want, so long as I get what I really need) Anything particularly tangible doesn't interest me that much, I'm not very materialist and money is a means to an end, nothing else.

As to the existential stuff, leave that up to the philosophers, just don't feel part of some directive, that you must be seen to be successfull whatever society dictates of you, if I'm a failure in someones eyes because I never propogated myself or never earnt 50K then whatever, why do I care what society tells us is important, surely what you yourself feel is important is more fullfiling, step off the elevator, and walk at your own pace for a change. That's how I see it, lifes a bit pointless or absurd, might as well make the most of it while it lasts. Because if the Religions are wrong your worm food and that's it.

Last edited:
im still a youngster, only 19, but i think i know what i want in life. in general, i want to be in a state, that when i wake in the morning, i will know what are my goals are for today, goals which i will enjoy.
wanting to reach a certain point in life is futile, enjoying a process is a bliss.

as for the specific goals, i want to learn physics, keep thinking as a curious child (questioning everyting, and getting into this "thinking trans").
after that, i want a job which is not mind numbing, in the area of physics, though i could compromize on engineering.

as for the social part, a good woman, and a small group of good friends, would be enough.heh, who knows, i might die any second now =)
but it shouldn't be about what u have done until u died, its about what u are doing until the day u die.

Likes fireflies
Tuvia...i like your take on life...
but i see still other guys are shy about sharing with us!

Enough knowlage and understanding to build my dreams.

Nothing, and I suppose it'll stay that way.

I don't feel like I can uniquely provide something that people need. There's nothing that singles me out, except perhaps my sense of aesthetics, but aesthetics have no real purpose.

Last edited:
1) financial independence,

2) a meaningful long-term relationship (that feels like a dirty, quick fling),

3) to be involved in (and make intellectual contributions to) the scientific community

4) this goes with 1) but, my own land, where I've built a 'broken' house (where all the rooms are their own buildings)

Mickey said:
I don't feel like I can uniquely provide something that people need. There's nothing that singles me out, except perhaps my sense of aesthetics, but aesthetics have no real purpose.
Mickey, you are uniquely you - that singles you out. :approve: :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Mickey, you are uniquely you - that singles you out. :approve: :biggrin:
I meant in the marketable sense. o:)

1) Eat
2) Have children
3) Be eaten

Been there done that on 1 and 2. Still haven't accomplished 3.

1. What does "Find Your Purpose of Life - 65 Chars" mean?

"Find Your Purpose of Life - 65 Chars" refers to a concept or practice of identifying and understanding one's purpose or meaning in life, in just 65 characters or less. It is a simplified and concise approach to discovering one's purpose and living a more fulfilling life.

2. How does one find their purpose of life in just 65 characters?

The idea behind "Find Your Purpose of Life - 65 Chars" is to encourage individuals to reflect on their values, passions, and strengths and condense them into a brief statement that captures the essence of their purpose. This process is meant to be a starting point for further exploration and self-discovery.

3. Is there a right or wrong way to find one's purpose of life?

No, there is no definitive right or wrong way to find one's purpose of life. It is a highly personal and individual journey, and what works for one person may not work for another. The key is to stay open-minded, be willing to reflect and explore, and find what resonates with you.

4. Can one's purpose of life change over time?

Yes, one's purpose of life can change and evolve over time. As we grow and experience new things, our perspectives and priorities may shift, and our purpose may also change. It is important to regularly reflect on our purpose and make adjustments as needed.

5. What are the benefits of finding one's purpose of life?

There are many potential benefits to finding one's purpose of life, including a sense of direction and meaning, increased motivation and fulfillment, and improved overall well-being. Having a clear purpose can also help guide decision-making and lead to a more purposeful and intentional life.