How Can You Prove <)APB+<)CPD=180' in a Base-Quadrilateral Pyramid?

In summary, a tangent is a line or plane that touches a curved surface at only one point, a sphere is a three-dimensional shape that is perfectly round and has all points on its surface equidistant from its center, the tangent line to a sphere can be found by drawing a line from the point of tangency on the surface of the sphere perpendicular to the radius, a pyramid is a three-dimensional shape with a polygonal base and triangular faces that meet at a common point called the apex, and a sphere can be inscribed in a pyramid, with the vertices of the pyramid touching the surface of the sphere and the center of the sphere lying on the center of the base of the pyramid.
menager31
There is a base-quadrilateraled pyramid ABCDS , which base is quadrilateral ABCD. Inscribed sphere is tangent in point P on the ABCD wall. Proof that

<)APB+<)CPD=180'

I don't like geometry and i really don't know how to start.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I guess you are participating both Physics and Mathematics Polish Olympiad... Try to ask this question on the website www.matematyka.org

no I'm not

That's interesting, because only about 2-3 of your threads are not connected to problems given to solve on the first levels of those olympiads...

1. What is a tangent?

A tangent is a line or plane that touches a curved surface at only one point, but does not intersect with the surface at that point.

2. What is a sphere?

A sphere is a three-dimensional shape that is perfectly round and has all points on its surface equidistant from its center.

3. How do you find the tangent line to a sphere?

The tangent line to a sphere can be found by drawing a line from the point of tangency on the surface of the sphere perpendicular to the radius of the sphere at that point.

4. What is a pyramid?

A pyramid is a three-dimensional shape with a polygonal base and triangular faces that meet at a common point called the apex.

5. What is the relationship between a sphere and a pyramid?

A sphere can be inscribed in a pyramid, meaning that the vertices of the pyramid touch the surface of the sphere, and the center of the sphere lies on the center of the base of the pyramid.