Can an aerospace Engineer please complete this interview for a PLTW student?

In summary, a high school student in the PLTW Program is conducting a term paper on aerospace engineering and has requested an interview with a professional in the field. The interview questions cover topics such as the engineer's position, duties, company, requirements, education, experience, and current projects. The engineer mentions working with aerodynamics, designing air/spacecraft with optimal performance and cost, and being familiar with companies such as NASA, Lockheed Martin, and TAI. They also mention the importance of geometry and aerodynamics knowledge in their job.
Diana9109
Please read, it's for a PLTW term paper!

Hello, I am a high school student enrolled in the PLTW (Project Lead the Way: Principles of Engineering) Program, and I was instructed to do a term paper on any type of engineering. I have chosen aerospace engineering, and I am required to conduct an interview with a professional in the field I am researching. If any aerospace engineer could please answer these questions I have provided, I would be very grateful.
-Diana (A 9th grade student)

Interview Questions:

-Exactly in which position of aerospace engineering do you work for? Describe this position.

-Describe your duties and responsibilities in your field of aerospace engineering.

-What type of company do you work for?

-What are the requirements for your position?

-What type of college degree is needed?

-What type of college courses did you need to take?

-How long have you worked in this field for?

-What College did you attend?

-What is your daily routine at your job?

-Do you preform your job as a group of people or individually?

-What are some current projects you are working on?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
please someone??

1.aerodynamics
2.designing the dynamic of an air\ spacecraft that have the best performance\cost ratio
3.the most known NASA or lockheed martin and also TAI(in Turkey)
4.a good geometry and aerodynamics knowledge the rest after sorry ı have to go

I have gotten a response, thank you

What is the role of an aerospace engineer?

An aerospace engineer is responsible for designing, testing, and overseeing the production of aircraft, spacecraft, and related systems. They use their knowledge of physics, mathematics, and materials science to create safe and efficient aerospace products.

What type of education is required to become an aerospace engineer?

Most aerospace engineers hold a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or a related field, such as mechanical or electrical engineering. Some positions may require a master's degree or higher. Additionally, obtaining a Professional Engineer (PE) license may be necessary for certain roles.

What skills are important for an aerospace engineer to have?

Aerospace engineers must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. They also need to be proficient in computer-aided design (CAD) software and have a strong understanding of aerodynamics, thermodynamics, and materials science. Communication and teamwork skills are also essential for working on complex projects with a team.

What industries do aerospace engineers work in?

Aerospace engineers can work in a variety of industries, including the aviation, defense, and space industries. They may also work for government agencies, research institutions, or private companies. Aerospace engineers may also specialize in a specific area such as propulsion, structures, or avionics.

What career opportunities are available for aerospace engineers?

Aerospace engineers can pursue a variety of career paths, including design and development, research and development, testing and evaluation, and project management. They may also have opportunities to work on cutting-edge technologies, such as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or space exploration projects. With experience, aerospace engineers can advance to managerial or leadership positions.