Living in New York: Build a House on $360/Month

• Thread starter Drimar
  • Start date
In summary: So now it is my turn to give you some ideas and see if you like them as much as i do.In summary, moving to ny is a great idea because you will have more laughs and less drama.
Drimar
Let's make a plan,
work for a compnay, salary is $2600/month.
apartment rent = $750
electricity, water, internet, transport fee = $750
food = $ 600
others = $140
---------------------------------------------------------------------
left = $ 360
----------------------------

If that is that little left, how can I build a house with my own library.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can't. Welcome to the middle class my friend.

u misunderstood, i not belong to middle class, i guess i much lower
How can a newly graduated student get higher salary ? like $5000/month

You have to find a good job, which can be done by having a better education. But all that is variable depending on your skill set and the demand for those skills.

What you mean means there are jobs paid higher than $5000 for brandnew students ? I guess they be bank-robbery

Drimar said:
What you mean means there are jobs paid higher than $5000 for brandnew students ? I guess they be bank-robbery

Know of any students that have spare money? Please point them out, I know I don't, and I'm not trying to live in Manhattan.

===Agree===
Unable to buy something to eat is terrible,

Drimar said:
===Agree===
Unable to buy something to eat is terrible,
God, that takes me back to when I just got out of college. It's when I invented "poor man's spaghetti": ramen noodles with ketchup. (You pilfer the ketchup packets from fast food restaurants. Have to buy the ramen noodles, though.)

Drimar said:
Let's make a plan,
work for a compnay, salary is $2600/month.
apartment rent = $750
electricity, water, internet, transport fee = $750
food = $ 600
others = $140
---------------------------------------------------------------------
left = $ 360
----------------------------

If that is that little left, how can I build a house with my own library.
Are you talking about living in the city? If so and you find an apartment for $750 a month, you have struck gold.

Coming from someone who just moved from there, I say with 90% certainty that unless you have a kickass job lined up, you will not be able to "get ahead" and save for a house while living there. The market is so competetive there that it is insane. If you are planning on moving there, I'd give you two, two word options to think hard about; New Jersey and Long Island.

Cheapest rent in NYC in Manhattan is 1000 bucks for a matchbox studio, 1500 + for a nicer place. (Although sometimes utilities are included). Try getting roomates if you can, then you can split the rent. Either that or consider the barrios, which are considerably cheaper.

Thank you CosminaPrisma:blushing:

I move to ny because i like all of you, my american guys. you always have neat ideas about all funny stuff, that makes me laugh all the time. pople here, in guantamela gives me no real laugh, only fake ones.

1. How is it possible to build a house in New York for only $360 per month?

The $360 per month figure is based on the estimated cost of the mortgage, property taxes, and insurance for a tiny house or small cabin. This type of housing is often more affordable because it requires less land and materials compared to traditional homes. Additionally, the cost of living in rural areas outside of the city may be lower.

2. What are the average construction costs for building a house in New York?

The average construction cost for building a house in New York can vary greatly depending on the location, size, and materials used. According to HomeAdvisor, the average cost per square foot for new construction in New York is $150, with the total cost for a 1,000 square foot home ranging from $150,000 to $300,000.

3. Are there any restrictions or regulations for building a house in New York?

Yes, there are regulations and building codes that must be followed when constructing a house in New York. These regulations may vary depending on the specific location and zoning laws. It is important to consult with local authorities and obtain necessary permits before beginning any construction project.

4. Is $360 per month a realistic budget for maintaining a house in New York?

No, $360 per month is only an estimated cost for the mortgage, property taxes, and insurance. Additional costs such as utilities, maintenance, and repairs must also be taken into consideration. The actual budget for maintaining a house in New York will vary depending on the size and location of the house, as well as the lifestyle of the homeowner.

5. What are the benefits of building a house in New York on a budget of $360 per month?

Building a house on a budget of $360 per month may allow for more financial flexibility and a lower cost of living compared to traditional housing options in New York. It may also offer the opportunity for a simpler and more sustainable lifestyle, as well as the satisfaction of building and owning a home. However, it is important to carefully consider all factors and potential costs before making a decision.