Rowing Guinea Pigs: I Love this Commercial!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: I love that commercial! In summary, the tv version is hilarious, while the extended one has diagrams of what happens.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hahahahahahahaha!

Awww, those guinea pigs are soo cute :smile: I used to have quite a few guinea pigs as a child, but somehow they escaped in the wild and I couldn't catch them again :frown:

I love that commercial!

lol!

micromass said:
Hahahahahahahaha!

Awww, those guinea pigs are soo cute :smile: I used to have quite a few guinea pigs as a child, but somehow they escaped in the wild and I couldn't catch them again :frown:

I love that commercial!
:!) My daughter's babysitter gave them a guinea pig on the day we were moving across country. It was her pet and she no longer wanted it. The thing was adorable a would whistle like there was no tomorrow. I named it "woot woot" for the sound it made. The girls weren't into to it so I finally found another home for it. It was a golden long hair. I actually wish I had it now, it was a really nice little thing.

Evo said:
:!) My daughter's babysitter gave them a guinea pig on the day we were moving across country. It was her pet and she no longer wanted it. The thing was adorable a would whistle like there was no tomorrow. I named it "woot woot" for the sound it made. The girls weren't into to it so I finally found another home for it. It was a golden long hair. I actually wish I had it now, it was a really nice little thing.

Poor guinea pig that nobody loved! :( I had lots of guinea pigs over the years. They are so dang cute!

ArcanaNoir said:
Poor guinea pig that nobody loved! :(
:cry:

I know.

When I was in college, I had a younger girl-friend back in my home town that had a guinea pig. Her parents used to head to bed early, and all was OK until I opened the refrigerator door to get a cold beer. The 'pig would make all kinds of noise because he expected lettuce, carrots, etc. That would alert the parents that I was still in the house, and romancing their daughter. Then they would holler at me to "go home!"

turbo said:
When I was in college, I had a younger girl-friend back in my home town that had a guinea pig. Her parents used to head to bed early, and all was OK until I opened the refrigerator door to get a cold beer. The 'pig would make all kinds of noise because he expected lettuce, carrots, etc. That would alert the parents that I was still in the house, and romancing their daughter. Then they would holler at me to "go home!"

I'll get a guinea pig if I ever have a daughter.

QuarkCharmer said:
I'll get a guinea pig if I ever have a daughter.
Lol!

11rq9o4.jpg

Pengwuino said:
11rq9o4.jpg
LOLOLOLOLOL! Aww, I love that baby.

Look at the new video I posted!

I :!) you peng.

Evo said:
I love this commercial.

What a weird coincidence. I don't watch TV anymore, so the kids at work are my only source that there's a new funny commercial out. We watched that one yesterday. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was this forum. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto said:
What a weird coincidence. I don't watch TV anymore, so the kids at work are my only source that there's a new funny commercial out. We watched that one yesterday. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was this forum. :biggrin:
Watch the extended one, it has diagrams.

I have to change my insurance now, this is too cute.

Last edited:
Evo said:
LOLOLOLOLOL! Aww, I love that baby.

Look at the new video I posted!

I :!) you peng.

trolololololol the new video is pretty good.

HAI EVO! :!)

"The guinea pig plays an important role in the folk culture of many Indigenous South American groups, especially as a food source, but also in folk medicine and in community religious ceremonies. Since the 1960s, efforts have been made to increase consumption of the animal outside South America." From: Vecchio, Rick (2004-10-19). "Peru Pushes Guinea Pigs as Food". CBS News. More: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/19/world/main650148.shtml

There's no way I'm going to be the first in my neighborhood to try it.

Jimmy Snyder said:
There's no way I'm going to be the first in my neighborhood to try it.

I'll do it!

1. What is the purpose of the "Rowing Guinea Pigs: I Love this Commercial!" video?

The purpose of the video is to advertise a product or service related to guinea pigs, using the concept of rowing guinea pigs as a creative and attention-grabbing way to showcase the product.

2. Are the guinea pigs in the video actually rowing?

No, the guinea pigs are not actually rowing in the traditional sense. The video uses clever special effects and editing to make it appear as though the guinea pigs are rowing, but in reality, they are being moved by a handler or using a small prop to simulate rowing movements.

3. Is the video meant to be taken seriously or is it just for entertainment?

The video is primarily for entertainment purposes, but it also serves as an advertisement for a product or service related to guinea pigs. While the concept of rowing guinea pigs may seem silly, it is meant to catch the viewer's attention and make them remember the product being advertised.

4. What kind of reactions has the video received?

The video has received a mix of reactions, with some finding it amusing and others finding it strange or confusing. However, it has also gained a lot of attention and has been shared widely on social media, which is a positive sign for its effectiveness as an advertisement.

5. Is there any scientific basis for using guinea pigs in the video?

While there is no scientific basis for using guinea pigs specifically in a rowing scenario, the video does tap into the concept of animals performing human-like behaviors, which has been shown to be effective in advertising. Additionally, guinea pigs are popular pets and their cuteness and small size make them well-suited for this type of advertisement.