An old fork and clean underwear

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    clean
In summary, the person is currently using their old PC because their new computer's motherboard died. They can still get online using their wireless broadband card, but their ethernet connection is causing problems. They have made a hat out of tin foil to boost the signal. They also mention buying Christmas cards for everyone in their card club. They joke about using clean cotton underwear to fix their computer and offer to send a piece of it with their postcard. They also mention that this could be their last post and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
My new computer has been acting flaky since I got it back in July, the motherboard died the other night, The tech is supposed to be here Christmas Eve to replace it.

Right now I'm on my old PC that I broke when I knocked it off my desk, all I can say is that you can perform miracles using nothing but an old fork and some clean cotton underwear. My ethernet connection to my cable internet locks it up, but I can use my wireless broadband card to get online. I've made a hat with rabbit ears out of tin foil to boost the signal. I'm connecting at a whopping speed of 169K down, 39K up.

I'm not sure how stable this is. BUT

I bought Christmas Cards for everyone in the card club!

I think I have everyone's address that wanted a card, so, if you see something from Kansas in your mailbox, it's me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I bought Christmas Cards for everyone in the card club!

Can't be, it is just a cruel joke.

Any chances of getting piece of that underwear with my postcard?

Impressive Evo, :approve: beating the system with cotton underwear (clean).

Borek said:
Can't be, it is just a cruel joke.

Any chances of getting piece of that underwear with my postcard?
Ahaha, what would marzena think? :biggrin:

She said she will kill me if I am going to write it. She said good quality underwear is evidence of good quality owner.

That could be my last post. Just in case, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

1. What is the significance of an old fork and clean underwear?

An old fork and clean underwear may seem like an odd pairing, but they can actually serve as important objects in a scientific experiment or study. These items can be used to test for bacteria and other microorganisms, as well as for analyzing the effectiveness of laundering methods.

2. How can an old fork and clean underwear be used in a scientific experiment?

One way to use these items in an experiment is to swab the surface of the fork and the clean underwear and then culture the samples to see if any bacteria or microorganisms grow. This can provide valuable information about the cleanliness of the objects and the effectiveness of different cleaning methods.

3. Why is it important to study the cleanliness of everyday objects like an old fork and clean underwear?

Studying the cleanliness of everyday objects can provide insight into the spread of bacteria and microorganisms in our daily lives. It can also help us understand the effectiveness of cleaning methods and how to prevent the spread of illnesses.

4. Can the results of studying an old fork and clean underwear be applied to other objects?

Yes, the results of studying these items can be applied to other objects as well. By understanding the level of cleanliness and the types of bacteria present on these objects, we can make informed decisions about cleaning and sanitation practices for other items in our daily lives.

5. What are some potential implications of studying an old fork and clean underwear?

Studying these items can have various implications, including improving public health and hygiene practices, developing more effective cleaning methods, and understanding the spread of illnesses. It can also lead to further research and advancements in the field of microbiology and sanitation.