Need Help - Where can I lookup these values?

• Thread starter FrogPad
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of looking up values and finding reliable sources for them. It mentions that the values can be of various types, such as numerical data, names, or locations. To ensure accuracy, it is important to cross-reference the values from multiple sources and check the credibility of the source. Various methods and tools, such as Excel or online search engines, can be used for looking up values. If the values cannot be found, it is suggested to broaden the search or seek assistance from experts or librarians.
FrogPad
I need to find a reference for carrier lifetimes and carrier mobilities as a function of doping densities in a p-n junction. Can anyone point me to an online reference?

Engineering news on Phys.org
These values can be found here:
http://www.springer.com/west/home/laboe?SGWID=4-10113-12-95859-0

Last edited by a moderator:

One possible online reference for carrier lifetimes and carrier mobilities as a function of doping densities in a p-n junction is the website of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). They provide a comprehensive database of semiconductor material properties, including carrier lifetimes and mobilities, which can be searched by material type and doping concentration. Additionally, academic research articles and textbooks on semiconductor physics and devices may also contain this information.

1. What are the values that need to be looked up?

The values that need to be looked up could be anything, depending on the context of the situation. It could be numerical data, names, locations, or any other type of information that requires further research or verification.

2. Where can I find a reliable source for these values?

There are many reliable sources for looking up values, depending on what type of information you are searching for. For numerical data, government websites and scientific journals are often reliable sources. For names and locations, reference books or online databases can be helpful.

3. How do I know if the values I find are accurate?

To ensure accuracy, it is important to cross-reference the values from multiple sources. If the values are numerical, double-checking the data and calculations can also help verify accuracy. Additionally, checking the credibility of the source can give insight into the reliability of the values.

4. Is there a specific method or tool for looking up values?

There are various methods and tools for looking up values, depending on the type of information being searched for. For numerical data, Excel or other spreadsheet programs can be useful. For names and locations, online search engines or reference books can be helpful.

5. What should I do if I cannot find the values I am looking for?

If you are unable to find the values you are looking for, it may be helpful to broaden your search or try different keywords. You can also reach out to experts in the field or consult with a librarian for assistance in finding the values you need.