Free books about Nuclear Physics

In summary: Kearny covers a wide range of topics, from general principles of survival to specific details on constructing various types of shelters. In addition, he includes extensive references and bibliographic information.This book is not specifically about designing and constructing a bomb shelter, but it would be a valuable resource for that topic as well.
saifadin
Free books about "Nuclear Physics"

Dear All
Is there any website offers free books about "Nuclear Physics". "nuclear bombs", "nuclear plans and reactors"?

Best regards

Engineering news on Phys.org
DOE books

Dear All
i got:

" DOE FUNDAMENTALS HANDBOOK
NUCLEAR PHYSICS
AND REACTOR THEORY
Volume 1 and 2"

is it good resource?

B/R

As I said in your last message, "I don't think you will find many people who are willing to explain to you how to build your very own working nuclear device."

" DOE FUNDAMENTALS HANDBOOK NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND REACTOR THEORY
Volume 1 and 2" is a very basic handbook that covers some basic or fundamental background for nuclear reactor theory. It is not very detailed.

There are no 'free' books that have suitable details for designing a reactor, and certainly not one for nuclear weapons.

I remember back when I was in fifth grade me and my friends checked out a book on nuclear power for a report and we freaked out when we found a diagram showing how a nuclear bomb worked. We thought we would be able to build one from it haha.

I'm sure if you write to the DOE or IAEA they'll be sure to supply you some detailed schematics and tips.

saifadin said:
Dear All
Is there any website offers free books about "Nuclear Physics". "nuclear bombs", "nuclear plans and reactors"?

Best regards

check this site and search the Nuclear phrase in E-Books section:
avaxhome.org

Manzuoni said:
I remember back when I was in fifth grade me and my friends checked out a book on nuclear power for a report and we freaked out when we found a diagram showing how a nuclear bomb worked. We thought we would be able to build one from it haha.
Manzuoni,

Yes - you can get a "cartoon" diagram of a nuclear weapon - but NOT design details.

It's like someone gives you a drawing or picture of a car - sleek body, 4 wheels on rubber tires.

Now - do you have enough information to go out and design and construct your own car?

Of course NOT - the real secrets to how nuclear weapons work are still secret.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist

I want to learn the nuclear power for pease(electricity,medical ...)
Thanx

I agree with some of the other say. If at all you need to know the details of a nuclear reactor or a weapon, it is going to be very difficult to find one. However you can see the basics of a functioning nuclear reactor on wikipedia

rakesh_kpn said:
see the link
http://www.freebookcentre.net/Physics/Nuclear-Physics-Books.html"

Do they happen to have free books on how to build a bomb shelter?

Last edited by a moderator:

QuantumPion said:
Do they happen to have free books on how to build a bomb shelter?

http://www.oism.org/nwss/

Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson H. Kearny

Not only is it free, but I believe it to be the most comprehensive reference book available.

1. What is nuclear physics?

Nuclear physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and characteristics of atomic nuclei, including their structure, composition, and interactions.

2. Why are free books about nuclear physics important?

Free books about nuclear physics are important because they provide accessible and comprehensive information on this complex subject. They allow individuals to learn about nuclear physics without the financial barrier of purchasing textbooks.

3. Where can I find free books about nuclear physics?

Some sources for free books about nuclear physics include online libraries, university websites, and open access journals. Additionally, many authors and publishers offer their works for free on their personal websites.

4. What are the key topics covered in free books about nuclear physics?

Free books about nuclear physics cover a wide range of topics, including nuclear structure, radioactive decay, nuclear reactions, nuclear energy, and nuclear technology. They also discuss the history of nuclear physics, current research, and potential future developments.

5. How can I use free books about nuclear physics for my research?

Free books about nuclear physics can be used as a valuable resource for research projects. They provide in-depth information on specific topics, offer references for further reading, and may include data and diagrams that can be used for analysis.