I have a question about gravity in dynamics

In summary, the individual forces acting on a mass are equal to the mass multiplied by its acceleration, according to Newton's second law. The gravity term is always placed on the left side of the equation, as it is a force. This applies to both hanging problems and car problems. In the case of a freely-falling body, the only force is gravity, while a body on a flat surface also has a normal force that balances out gravity.
IUIU
Hi

I have a question about using gravity in dynamics...

first

In my thinking,,,

All force in dynamics is transferred by contact.

for example friction, tension, normal force,,,

but only except for gravity.

so I have always trouble in calculating gravity.....

In simple kinetics of parcicles

Newton's second law is

sum ( indivisual forces may be acting on the mass m)=m*a

I understand equation. but I have been confusing where I put gravity term.

Left or Right? ([indivisual] or [m*a])

In most problem about hanging problem, gravity term is in the Right.

but problem about car, gravity term is in the Left.

I don't know why this thing happen. ...

Help me please!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi IUIU! Welcome to PF! :smile:
IUIU said:
In simple kinetics of parcicles

Newton's second law is

sum ( indivisual forces may be acting on the mass m)=m*a

I understand equation. but I have been confusing where I put gravity term.

Left or Right? ([indivisual] or [m*a])

In most problem about hanging problem, gravity term is in the Right.

but problem about car, gravity term is in the Left.

Gravity is a force, and so always goes on the left

(i'm assuming we're not talking about general relativity, where of course gravity isn't a force, it's an effect of the curvature of space-time)

… for example, a freely-falling body of mass m has only one force on it, mg, and the equation is mg = ma (so g = a)

… and a body stationary on a flat horizontal surface has two forces on it, mg and N, and the equation is mg - N = m*0 (so mg = N) :wink:

oh thanks

I understand now ;;;

you saved me~~~

thank you

1. What is gravity?

Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which all objects with mass are brought towards each other. It is a fundamental force of nature that plays a crucial role in dynamics.

2. How does gravity affect objects in dynamics?

Gravity affects objects in dynamics by exerting a force on them, pulling them towards the center of the Earth or towards other massive objects. This force is known as weight and it is one of the key factors in determining the motion of objects in dynamics.

3. How is gravity related to Newton's laws of motion?

Gravity is related to Newton's laws of motion as it is a crucial factor in the first and second laws. The first law states that objects at rest will stay at rest and objects in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an external force, such as gravity. The second law states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it, with gravity being one of those forces.

4. Can gravity be affected by other factors?

Yes, gravity can be affected by other factors such as the mass and distance between objects. The greater the mass of an object, the stronger its gravitational pull. The distance between objects also affects the strength of gravity, with the force decreasing as the distance between objects increases.

5. How can we calculate the force of gravity in dynamics?

The force of gravity can be calculated using Newton's law of universal gravitation, which states that the force between two objects is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. This formula can be used to calculate the force of gravity between any two objects in dynamics.