Can anyone read memory chips labels?

• Thread starter Ulysees
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Memory
In summary, it appears the online shop has sent the wrong type of memory. The memory has 8 pairs of ICs, the first one of each pair is labeled: PC312 -6A 0806 5HN2 (printed sideways)and the 2nd is labeled the same but it says this sideways instead: (same) 57JV (printed sideways) There is also a sticker on the board that says: PC2700 DDR SDRAM 128Mx64 1GB 1GBSJURVUNBA What is the voltage, parity, etc of this memory? PS. Laptop is an Acer Ferrari 4005wlmi.
Ulysees
I have bought this memory for my laptop that does not work, the bios beeps.

It appears the online shop has sent the wrong type. Can someone tell me the characteristics of this memory? It's got 8 pairs of ICs, the first one of each pair is labeled:

PC312
-6A
5HN2 (printed sideways)

and the 2nd is labeled the same but it says this sideways instead:

(same)
57JV (printed sideways)

There is also a sticker on the board that says:

PC2700 DDR SDRAM
128Mx64 1GB
1GBSJURVUNBA

What is the voltage, parity, etc of this memory?

PS. Laptop is an Acer Ferrari 4005wlmi.

Engineering news on Phys.org
"I have bought this memory for my laptop that does not work, the bios beeps"

Have you tried reseating the boards?

Yes. And done it once again now. Here's what the labels look like:

Image0.jpg
Image2.jpg

Here's the Crucial site that says what memory the computer requires (it's an Acer Ferrari 4005wlmi ie 4000 series):

http://www.crucial.com/uk/promo/index.aspx?prog=desktop

The Service Manual says just "supporting PC2700, PC2100, or PC1600 DDR SDRAM".

Here's the one I ordered (2 of them), I believe it is either mis-described or the wrong one was sent:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290223484780&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are what the say they are, then they should work. Here's a site that sells memory for your model: http://www.upgradecomputermemory.com/ram.cfm/Memory/A/Acer/Acer-Ferrari-Series/Ferrari-4005WLMI/1GB-Acer-Laptop-200pin-PC2700-DDR333-SODIMM.html"

They are both PC2700s.

I would try to boot with just one memory card at a time and determine if one is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
dlgoff said:
I would try to boot with just one memory card at a time and determine if one is bad.

Good idea, done that now and one of them works up to a point, it produces a blue screen during windows start-up, whereas the other does not boot at all.

So I definitely have been sent at least one faulty memory card, probably two. Thanks, sending them back.

It's an ebay scam, the seller is trying to extort positive feedback before sending refund.

Has anyone had troubles with ebay crooks? Should I file a paypal dispute? Heard paypal disputes are problematic, you end up losing your account. Because the seller starts making up lies and paypal may end up concluding you are the crook.

1. Can anyone read memory chip labels?

Yes, anyone can read memory chip labels as long as they have the necessary equipment and knowledge.

2. What equipment is needed to read memory chip labels?

To read memory chip labels, you will need a memory chip reader or programmer, a computer, and software that can decode the data on the chip.

3. Is it difficult to read memory chip labels?

Reading memory chip labels can be difficult for those without experience or knowledge in the field. It requires specialized equipment and software, as well as an understanding of the coding and decoding process.

4. What information can be found on memory chip labels?

Memory chip labels typically contain information such as the manufacturer, model number, capacity, speed, and other technical specifications of the chip. Some labels may also include a barcode or serial number for tracking purposes.

5. Are there any risks involved in reading memory chip labels?

No, there are no risks involved in reading memory chip labels. It is a non-invasive process that does not alter or damage the data on the chip. However, it is important to handle the chips carefully to avoid static electricity or physical damage.

Back