Elephant escapes circus to elope

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, an Indian court has released Bollywood star Salman Khan on bail after he was arrested for shooting endangered gazelles during hunting trips almost a decade ago.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
It's a very traditional love story - just on a bigger scale than usual.

A tame female elephant has fled an Indian circus after eloping with a wild bull elephant that broke open a gate and led her off into the jungle, her distraught handler said today.

When handlers called for Savitri to come to them, she looped her trunk around the bull's leg and "he protectively shielded her like in a Bollywood blockbuster," the official said.
:!)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/india/story/0,,2159095,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

Someday my dream elephant will come. :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
I bet they're doing a song&dance sequence in the jungle. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Awwww {sniffs} I love a good love story.

And they snogged happily ever after...

How do you know there are two elephants in your refrigerator?

Open the fridge and look inside, silly.

Footprints in the butter.

RetardedBastard said:
How do you know there are two elephants in your refrigerator?

I wouldn't know. My refrigerator has a sticker on it that says:
"If this fridge is a-rockin'
Don't come a knockin'"

From the rockin' I can only guess whether it's two elephants or two very enthusiastic mice.

"Just in" (Yahoo news):

An Indian court freed Bollywood star Salman Khan on bail on Friday almost a week after he was arrested and jailed for shooting endangered gazelles during hunting trips nearly a decade ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070831/people_nm/india_bollywood_actor_dc

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How did the elephant escape the circus?

The elephant most likely escaped by breaking through a weak enclosure or taking advantage of a door or gate that was left open. Elephants are incredibly strong and intelligent animals, and can easily find ways to escape if given the opportunity.

2. Did anyone get hurt during the elephant's escape?

It is possible that people could have been injured during the escape, especially if the elephant was feeling scared or threatened. However, it is also possible that the elephant escaped without causing any harm to humans.

3. Why did the elephant choose to elope instead of just running away?

Elephants are social animals and often form strong bonds with other elephants in their herd. It is possible that the elephant wanted to escape to be with another elephant that it had developed a close relationship with.

4. How did the circus react to the elephant's escape?

The circus most likely took immediate action to try and locate the escaped elephant and ensure the safety of their other animals and staff. They may have also contacted local authorities for assistance in finding the elephant.

5. Was the elephant eventually found and returned to the circus?

This would depend on the specific circumstances of the escape. In some cases, the elephant may have been found and returned to the circus. However, if the elephant was able to successfully elope and find a new home, it may have chosen to stay there instead of returning to the circus.

Back