Is the Tensor Aµναβ Antisymmetric with Respect to Indices u and p?

• Thread starter tri3phi
  • Start date
Your Name]In summary, we proved that the tensor Aµναβ is antisymmetric with respect to indices u and p, and the tensor Sµναβ is symmetric with respect to indices u and p. We also showed that in spherical coordinates, the asymptotic form of the metric for a massive rotating source is given by ds2 = -(1- 2GM/r)dt2 – (4GJ sin2 θ/r)dt dΦ + (1+(2GM/r))(dr2+ r2 dω2) where dω2 represents the metric on the unit round sphere S2.
tri3phi
1- Aµναβ=Rµ[να]β ... prove that the tensor is antisymmetric with respect to indices u and p
2- Denote Sµναβ =Rµ(να)β... prove that the tensor is symmetric with respect to indices u and p
3- if we introduce the spherical coordinate (r,θ,Φ )
X1 =r sin θ cos Φ , X2 =r sin θ sin Φ , X3 =r cos θ
if we denote t=X0 ,show that in these coordinate the asymptotic form of the metric in the linearzed approximation for a massive rotating approximation for a massive rotating source is
ds2 = -(1- 2GM/r)dt2 – (4GJ sin2 θ/r)dt dΦ + (1+(2GM/r))(dr2+ r2 dω2)
dω2 = dθ2 +sin2 θ dΦ2 is a metric on unit round sphere S2 .

Attachments

• problem.pdf
    67 KB · Views: 183
Physics news on Phys.org

1. To prove that the tensor Aµναβ is antisymmetric with respect to indices u and p, we need to show that Aµναβ = -Aαβµν. We can rewrite the given equation as Aµναβ + Aαβµν = 0. This can be further simplified as Aµναβ - Aµναβ = 0, which proves that the tensor is indeed antisymmetric with respect to indices u and p.

2. To prove that the tensor Sµναβ is symmetric with respect to indices u and p, we need to show that Sµναβ = Sαβµν. Using the given equation, we can rewrite it as Sµναβ - Sαβµν = 0. This can be further simplified as Sµναβ + Sµναβ = 0, which proves that the tensor is symmetric with respect to indices u and p.

3. In spherical coordinates, the metric is given by ds2 = gµνdxµdxν, where xµ = (t, r, θ, Φ). We can write this metric in the linearized approximation as ds2 = -(1+2Φ)dt2 + (1-2Φ)dr2 + r2(dθ2 + sin2θdΦ2), where Φ is the gravitational potential. Plugging in the values for t and r in terms of the spherical coordinates given in the post, we get ds2 = -[1-2GM/r + 4GJsin2θ/(r2sin2θ)]dt2 + [1+2GM/r](dr2 + r2dθ2 + r2sin2θdΦ2). Rearranging this equation, we get the desired metric form with the asymptotic form of the metric for a massive rotating source. The term dω2 represents the metric on the unit round sphere S2, which is given by dω2 = dθ2 + sin2θdΦ2.

I hope this helps to clarify the proofs and the metric form in spherical coordinates. Let me know if you have any further questions.

1. How do I structure my proof?

The structure of a proof typically follows a logical progression from the given information to the desired conclusion. This can be done through a series of statements and logical reasoning, often using tools such as mathematical equations or diagrams.

2. What types of evidence can I use in a proof?

In a scientific proof, evidence can come in the form of experimental data, observations, theoretical models, or previously established theories or laws. It is important to use reliable and relevant evidence to support your argument.

3. Can I use assumptions in a proof?

Assumptions can be used in a proof as long as they are clearly stated and logically consistent. However, it is important to minimize the number of assumptions and rely on solid evidence whenever possible.

4. How do I know when a proof is complete?

A proof is considered complete when it logically and convincingly demonstrates the desired conclusion based on the given information and evidence. It should also be clearly written and easy to follow for others to understand.

5. What if my proof is not accepted by others?

If your proof is not accepted by others, it is important to carefully consider any feedback or criticisms and revise your approach if necessary. It can also be helpful to seek guidance from other experts in the field to improve your proof.