Help solving a fraction integral

In summary: This gives me...\int\frac{5^{sin(x)}cosxdx}{2+(5^{sinx})^2} \int\frac{5^{sin(x)}cosxdx}{2+(5^{sinx})^2}\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,
protivakid

Homework Statement

[tex]\int[/tex](5sin xcosxdx)/(2+52sinx)

The Attempt at a Solution

I set u = sinx and du = cosxdx which gives me...

[tex]\int[/tex](5udu)/(2+52u). I just need a little push as where to go from here, not the entire solution, just a push as what to do next. I have a feeling I need to use ln and know that ar = r ln(a) but don't know if I am supposed to use that on the 5u or not, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
U could take this subs, at the very beginning

[tex]\int\frac{5^{sin(x)}cosxdx}{2+(5^{sinx})^2}[/tex] so taking another substitution here will work quite nicely..

[tex] 5^{sinx}=\sqrt2 u=>\sqrt2 du=5^{sinx}cos(x)ln(5)dx[/tex] now i guess you know how things turn out to be, right?

That helped a lot, would the final answer then be (1/ln(5)[tex]\sqrt{}2[/tex])tan-1(5sinx/[tex]\sqrt{}2[/tex]) ? The only thing I was not sure about was the ln(5) as far as how to deal with that.

take the derivative of your final answer and see if you get the integrand, then its okay, because i won't bother to do the whole thing. The general format of it looks okay, but i didn't check the details.

protivakid said:

Homework Statement

[tex]\int[/tex](5sin xcosxdx)/(2+52sinx)

The Attempt at a Solution

I set u = sinx and du = cosxdx which gives me...

[tex]\int[/tex](5udu)/(2+52u). I just need a little push as where to go from here, not the entire solution, just a push as what to do next. I have a feeling I need to use ln and know that ar = r ln(a) but don't know if I am supposed to use that on the 5u or not, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
52u= (5u)2 so the next step would be the substitution v= 5u, dv= ln(5) 5udu.

FAQ: Help solving a fraction integral

1. What is a fraction integral?

A fraction integral is a mathematical concept that represents the inverse operation of differentiation. It is used to find the original function when given its derivative in the form of a fraction. It is denoted by the symbol ∫.

2. How do I solve a fraction integral?

To solve a fraction integral, you must first identify the original function that you are trying to find. Then, you can use integration rules and techniques to find the anti-derivative of the given fraction. This process may involve substituting variables, using integration by parts, or partial fractions.

3. What are some common integration rules for solving fraction integrals?

Some common integration rules for fraction integrals include the power rule, the constant multiple rule, the sum and difference rule, and the substitution rule. These rules help simplify the process of solving fraction integrals and make it easier to work with more complex fractions.

4. Can I use a calculator to solve a fraction integral?

Yes, there are many online calculators and software programs that can help you solve fraction integrals. However, it is important to have a good understanding of the underlying concepts and techniques in order to use these tools effectively.

5. How can I check if my solution to a fraction integral is correct?

You can check your solution by taking the derivative of the anti-derivative you found. If the result is equal to the original fraction, then your solution is correct. You can also use online tools or software programs to verify your answer.