So basically you need to see the new Batman movie like RIGHT NOW

In summary, The Dark Knight lives up to the hype and more, easily surpassing previous Batman movies. The use of minimal CGI makes for a refreshing and realistic action movie experience. Heath Ledger delivers an incredible performance as the Joker, which has earned him critical acclaim. The movie has also received high scores on Rotten Tomatoes and is currently at the top of the list of greatest movies of all time. However, some may not enjoy the darker and more faithful interpretation of the original comic book series. The absence of Robin as a character is also a possibility, though there may be a nod to Batgirl in the future. Overall, The Dark Knight has received positive reviews and is a must-see for fans of the franchise and those looking for
gravenewworld
Yes it lives up to the hype and more.

Easily the best comic book movie ever made, easily the best Batman movie ever made, and easily the best movie I have probably seen in the past several years. It is so refreshing to have a GOOD action movie that utilizes as little amount of CGI as possible. It looked real, it wasn't like I was watching a cartoon.
Heath Ledger should easily win an academy for his role as the joker. He should win it because of his amazing performance, not simply because he died. I truly believed that he was a homicidal psychopath.

Physics news on Phys.org
Agreed on all accounts. Heath Ledger did an absolutely incredible performance.

You guys have to see the movie, it's very good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

#1 on top 250 list of greatest movies of all time for the moment.

Daniel Y. said:
Agreed on all accounts. Heath Ledger did an absolutely incredible performance.

You guys have to see the movie, it's very good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

#1 on top 250 list of greatest movies of all time for the moment.

Also got a 94% on Rottentomatoes (which is one of the highest scores I have ever seen on that site).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

Wow, man I wish I wasn't poor...
I knew he would rock the performance! I can't wait to see it!

horrible movie. i was bored to tears

jk

Last edited:
I was HYPED up to see it. And it was ....ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The first one was a lot better. The acting was very very good, I think the story should have been more developed. It was too drawn out.

Tom Cruise's wife should have remained in the movie. I felt no connection with this new lady.

I really think the storyline should have been better, way better.

Last edited:
I was intending to see it as soon as it came out but since I justr moved I have been broke and am not sure I will be seeing it any time soon.

Cyrus said:
Tom Cruise's wife should have remained in the movie. I felt no connection with this new lady.
*ahem*Christian Bale*ahem*

TheStatutoryApe said:
I was intending to see it as soon as it came out but since I justr moved I have been broke and am not sure I will be seeing it any time soon.

*ahem*Christian Bale*ahem*

? Christian Bale was batman...so?

Im not talking about Batman.

I hope it's still in theaters next month (it should be, it's been so hyped, I expect it'll have a long run) so I can go with my boyfriend. He's REALLY into Batman and looking forward to seeing this one so I know it's one we'll enjoy together (though, not sure he'll be patient enough to wait for me to see it...he might have to see it a second time to see it with me :rofl:).

I suspect that a lot of people who enjoyed the first ones will NOT like this one because it's a departure from what they are expecting. This one is supposed to be much more true to the original comic book series, which was very dark. The other movies have been more like the old TV series which was lighter, filled with action, humor and romance. Actually, the last one out started getting a little darker, but this one supposedly even more so. My boyfriend was a big fan of the old comic book series, so really is looking forward to this one. I'm more just curious to see it because I've never read the old comics and am interested to see how it goes (plus I've heard Keith Ledger's performance as the Joker was amazing).

I am very interested in the Batman&Robin angle...

Cyrus said:
? Christian Bale was batman...so?

Im not talking about Batman.
Sorry I think I misread your post.

Moonbear said:
I hope it's still in theaters next month (it should be, it's been so hyped, I expect it'll have a long run) so I can go with my boyfriend. He's REALLY into Batman and looking forward to seeing this one so I know it's one we'll enjoy together (though, not sure he'll be patient enough to wait for me to see it...he might have to see it a second time to see it with me :rofl:).

I suspect that a lot of people who enjoyed the first ones will NOT like this one because it's a departure from what they are expecting. This one is supposed to be much more true to the original comic book series, which was very dark. The other movies have been more like the old TV series which was lighter, filled with action, humor and romance. Actually, the last one out started getting a little darker, but this one supposedly even more so. My boyfriend was a big fan of the old comic book series, so really is looking forward to this one. I'm more just curious to see it because I've never read the old comics and am interested to see how it goes (plus I've heard Keith Ledger's performance as the Joker was amazing).
Yes the last movie was the first in this new franchise which is sticking with the (not exactly original but) more popular and darker batman image from the Dark Knight interpretation.

arildno said:

Lol... I think they will probably steer clear of adding Robin. Maybe they will have a Dick Gracin since they have introduced the commisioner's daughter who is supposed to become Batgirl but I doubt they want to deal with the... issues... with a Robin character.

So, I was at georgetown the same night I saw batman and some guy in the parking lot had THIS!

DAananananannaa. The bright lights behind it are from the fire trucks that pulled up next to it. All the guys from the Fire Department were gawking at it and had big smiles. (The batmobile has a siren on it as it fights crime).

When he turned it on and drove off, it sounded like it had a hemi in it or something.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/6153/batmobilexm0.jpg

Even the amber turn indicators had a batman bat tinted into them!

Not something you see everday, that's for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus said:
So, I was at georgetown the same night I saw batman and some guy in the parking lot had THIS!

DAananananannaa. The bright lights behind it are from the fire trucks that pulled up next to it. All the guys from the Fire Department were gawking at it and had big smiles. (The batmobile has a siren on it as it fights crime).

When he turned it on and drove off, it sounded like it had a hemi in it or something.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/6153/batmobilexm0.jpg

Even the amber turn indicators had a batman bat tinted into them!

Not something you see everday, that's for sure!

OH WOW my brother has sat in that car (or one like it)! He was a baggage handler in Anchorage AK when the first movie came out. The car was being shipped on a jet to Japan as a marketing gimick...by plane (why not by ship?). He and a couple of his buddies sneaked into where it was being stored and took turns sitting in it. Too bad it was before the time of cell phone cameras!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its pretty interesting that all the car scenes in the new batman are real. All the cars, even the bat motorcycle actually work!

I watched The Dark Knight and sorry I cannot rave about this one.

I did enjoy Batman Begins very much and agree with Cyrus, Katie Holmes would have made a more believable Rachael Dawes character. Maggie Gyllenhaal is okay in this role, but continuity of the character suffered. Batman released in 1989, was also very good! More exciting action sequences.

There were a few good scenes in Dark Knight, like the somersaulting truck. But having the joker climb out of the cab and walk away, was not believable.

As MB mentions, the plot of this one is very dark. The Joker enjoys killing with the coldness of a mobster. No remorse. The resolution of the plot was very weak at the end of this one.

OMG. I absolutely LOVED The Dark Knight. It was amazing. The joker was seriously some of the best acting I've ever seen in my life.

arildno said:

I heard they are not going to include Robin in this series of Batman movies. They want to focus on a younger Batman, before the time of Robin or something like that. Great decision in my opinion. The last series of Batman movies went downhill very fast after the introduction of Robin.

Ouabache said:
I watched The Dark Knight and sorry I cannot rave about this one.

I did enjoy Batman Begins very much and agree with Cyrus, Katie Holmes would have made a more believable Rachael Dawes character. Maggie Gyllenhaal is okay in this role, but continuity of the character suffered. Batman released in 1989, was also very good! More exciting action sequences.

There were a few good scenes in Dark Knight, like the somersaulting truck. But having the joker climb out of the cab and walk away, was not believable.

As MB mentions, the plot of this one is very dark. The Joker enjoys killing with the coldness of a mobster. No remorse. The resolution of the plot was very weak at the end of this one.

The thing with batman begins was that there were moral choices he had to make that were very hard, and he had to suffer in his personal life as a consequence.

In this one, its just kick punch kick punch. Joker kills. Kick punch, joker kills. There wasnt the hard choices to make in this one like there was in the first one. They really could have made the joker had a better plot. He played the joker so well, yet what he did was trivialized.

Ok, he's going to kill the mayor, the judge, and the police cheif. Yet all that happens so fast, poof its done. At the very least build up to it. Make it seem more planned out like the bank robbery at the start. Its like, I am going to kill this judge. Ok, she's dead. Now the mayor, done. Come on...more story leading up to it.

I think all the characters did not become developed enough. But that's why batman begins was so great. You really got to know batman, his girlfriend, alfred, morgans character.

Here they just 'are' and I got no new insight into them - whatsoever.

Then there was the chinese banker. I really felt no connection to him, and thought his character could have been gone and the movie would have made no difference. Hey let's get him, zip bam boof...im in china and I got him. Zip bam boof, now I am back in gotham.

Its too bad this movie was SUCH a waste of good acting.

Last edited:
Crispin Glover isn't in it so I don't think I'll be watching.

This woman is a bit scary looking, I read that she's in the movie. (can you tell I'm not into this stuff?)

Attachments

• ugly person in batman.jpg
    ugly person in batman.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 357
Evo said:
This woman is a bit scary looking, I read that she's in the movie. (can you tell I'm not into this stuff?)

Shes batmans gf. And she looks HORRIBLE compared to tom cruise's wife who was in the first one. She ruined the continuity between the films.

Cyrus said:
Shes batmans gf. And she looks HORRIBLE compared to tom cruise's wife who was in the first one. She ruined the continuity between the films.

I still think she was a better actress. Cruise's wife turned the role down to spend more time with the family or something like that.

Supposedly, she turned down the role because it conflicted with shooting for her other movie, Mad Money.

Say that out loud and think about how absurd it is.

Ouabache said:

and in the comics that is exactly what the Joker does. He enjoys killing and does it for fun in the comic books. He really is supposed to be a psychopathic serial killer that shows no signs of remorse.

So how about a magic trick?

Right, and what does it say about a person who laughed at the funny magic trick?

moose said:
I still think she was a better actress. Cruise's wife turned the role down to spend more time with the family or something like that.

Sorry, I know you like the film, but the plot JUST ISNT there in this one. Good acting yes. Good story telling? No.

I don't think she was a 'better' actress because she hardly had any lines. She should not have been in this movie, period.

This movie is a perfect example of good acting making up for a lack of story.

loseyourname said:
Supposedly, she turned down the role because it conflicted with shooting for her other movie, Mad Money.

Say that out loud and think about how absurd it is.

I think they outted her because of Tom and scientology.

Cyrus said:
Sorry, I know you like the film, but the plot JUST ISNT there in this one. Good acting yes. Good story telling? No.

I don't think she was a 'better' actress because she hardly had any lines. She should not have been in this movie, period.

This movie is a perfect example of good acting making up for a lack of story.

And the clothing was atrocious!

JasonRox said:
And the clothing was atrocious!

huh?

The bat suit was pretty bad-as_s. So was the jokers suit.

I saw it again last night, but at IMAX. HOLY ****! The clarity of certain scenes was just something else...

What is the new Batman movie about?

The new Batman movie is a superhero action film that follows the story of Bruce Wayne, a wealthy businessman who becomes the vigilante known as Batman to protect Gotham City from crime and corruption. In this movie, Batman faces off against his arch-nemesis, the Joker, who is wreaking havoc on the city.

Why is it important to see the new Batman movie?

The new Batman movie is important because it is a highly anticipated addition to the popular Batman franchise and has received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. It also features stunning special effects and action-packed scenes that are best experienced on the big screen.

Who stars in the new Batman movie?

The new Batman movie stars Robert Pattinson as Batman, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, and Paul Dano as the Joker. These talented actors bring depth and intensity to their characters, making the movie a must-see for fans of the franchise.

Is the new Batman movie appropriate for all ages?

The new Batman movie is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, suggestive content, and some strong language. Parents should use their discretion when deciding if it is appropriate for their children to see.

When and where can I see the new Batman movie?

The new Batman movie is currently playing in theaters nationwide. You can check your local theater's schedule for showtimes and purchase tickets in advance. It is also available for streaming on select platforms for an additional fee.