Problem Landau relativity special

In summary, Landau relativity special is a simplified version of Einstein's theory of relativity that does not fully account for the effects of gravity and acceleration on space and time. It is often used in high energy physics and particle accelerators, but cannot fully explain phenomena such as the bending of light by massive objects. While still considered valid in certain contexts, it has been superseded by Einstein's more comprehensive theory of general relativity.
nulliusinverb
Hello!:
My name is Camilo, i want answer one question about of special relativity, in Landau volumen II.

the question is in doc attachments!

is my first time, sorry.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see any attachments. :frown:

I wanted to delete the entire message but could not, my reason was that I answered my questions, was a simple "binomial series." Anyway I upload issue again.

thank you very much.

Attachments

• special relativity.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 217
A Taylor series, limited to 2-d order terms.

1. What is the problem with Landau relativity special?

The problem with Landau relativity special is that it does not fully account for the effects of gravity and acceleration on space and time.

2. How does Landau relativity special differ from Einstein's theory of relativity?

Landau relativity special is a simplified version of Einstein's theory of relativity, which only applies to frames of reference moving at a constant velocity. Einstein's theory takes into account the effects of acceleration and gravity on space and time.

3. What are some real-world applications of Landau relativity special?

Landau relativity special is often used in high energy physics and particle accelerators, as well as in the study of special relativity in general.

4. Can Landau relativity special be used to explain the bending of light by massive objects?

No, Landau relativity special does not take into account the effects of gravity on space and time, so it cannot fully explain the bending of light by massive objects. Einstein's theory of general relativity is needed to fully explain this phenomenon.

5. Is Landau relativity special still considered a valid theory?

Yes, Landau relativity special is still considered a valid theory in the context of frames of reference moving at constant velocities. However, it is not a complete theory of relativity and has been superseded by Einstein's theory of general relativity.