Moving body on a diagonal path

• Thread starter emutudeng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body Path
In summary, The body is moving with a constant speed of 15 m/s for 12 seconds, with a mass of 0.8 kg, and a force of 5 Newtons acting on it from the side. The direction of the force can be calculated using the pythagorean theorem, resulting in a force of 0.95N. The angle between the actual trajectory and the initial direction may not be needed. The distance moved can be found by calculating the acceleration using F=ma and then using pythagorean theorem to find the sideways distance.
emutudeng
Just a question about simple moving body exercise. With no acceleration.

Body moves with speed 15 m/s, time 12 seconds, mass 0.8 kg, and the force have a side effect 5 Newtons.

Firstly, F=mg, so 0,8*0,98.Then I calculated the actual moving direction's force by pythagoros, that's 0,95N.

Should i use cosinus or what ?

Physics news on Phys.org
hi emutudeng! :smile:

i don't understand :redface:

you say there's no acceleration, but then you use g,

and what do you mean by "side effect"?

and what angle is there (for the cosine)?

what exactly is the body doing? :confused:

Lets say there is a body (0,8kg) moving in direct line for 12 seconds with balanced speed 15 m/s, but there is a wind blowing from a side with a force 0,5 N.

So the body is moving diagonally and I should get the diagonal with pytagoros. The thought that the angle is between the actual trajector and the first direct line, but maybe i don't even need it.

Edit: i need the distance

ah!

ok, then this is wrong …
emutudeng said:
Firstly, F=mg, so 0,8*0,98.Then I calculated the actual moving direction's force by pythagoros, that's 0,95N.

F is the force, and that's already given, as 0.5 N

you need to find the acceleration, so use F = ma :wink:

then find the sideways distance moved, then use pythagoras :smile:

It depends on the direction of the force and the angle at which the body is moving. If the force is acting in the same direction as the movement, then you can use cosine to calculate the force component in that direction. However, if the force is acting at an angle to the movement, then you will need to use trigonometric functions to calculate the force components in both the direction of movement and the direction of the force. It is important to consider all forces acting on a body in order to accurately calculate its motion.

1. How is a diagonal path different from a straight path?

A diagonal path is a path that moves in a diagonal direction, meaning it is neither completely vertical nor horizontal. This is different from a straight path, which moves in a single direction without any change in direction.

2. What are some real-life examples of moving on a diagonal path?

Some examples of moving on a diagonal path include throwing a ball, climbing a staircase, and walking on a hillside. In these situations, the body is moving both vertically and horizontally, creating a diagonal path.

3. How does moving on a diagonal path affect the body?

Moving on a diagonal path requires the body to use different muscles and joints than moving on a straight path. This can lead to an increase in muscle strength and coordination, but can also put added strain on certain areas of the body, such as the knees and ankles.

4. What are the benefits of incorporating diagonal movement into exercise routines?

Incorporating diagonal movement into exercise routines can help improve overall body strength and stability. It can also help prevent muscle imbalances and reduce the risk of injury. Additionally, diagonal movements can make exercise routines more challenging and engaging.

5. How can one train to move more efficiently on a diagonal path?

To train for efficient movement on a diagonal path, it is important to focus on developing core strength and stability. This includes exercises that target the muscles in the abdomen, lower back, and hips. Additionally, practicing specific diagonal movements, such as lunges and twists, can also improve overall movement efficiency.