Small Rotary Pump: Availability for 2x1x1cm, 1-50cc/min

In summary, PB is looking for a small rotary/axial pump with dimensions of 2cm X 1cm X 1cm that can pump fluids from 1 cc/min to 50 cc/min. The pump should be able to be connected to a drive unit by a cable and can be powered by a battery or mains. They are wondering if such a pump is available on the market or if it needs to be fabricated. Suggestions have been made for peristaltic pumps, micro motors, and companies listed in ThomasNet.
pbonde
I need help, I have no background in engineering or fluid mechanics. I desire to find out the availability of a rotary/axial pump which has a size of 2cm X1 cm X1cm which can pump luids from 1 cc/min to 50 cc/min. The pump should be connected to the drive unit by a cable, so that the drive unit and pump can be separated. Power source can be either battery based or mains or both. My question is, is such pump avaialble in the market or do I have to get it fabricated? Anyone who can help?

PB

Engineering news on Phys.org
You could try looking into peristaltic pumps. They are used in hospitals to pump fluids into people. In it’s simplest form it is a flexible hose that is squeezed by a cam and it pumps fluid without touching the fluid.

Alternatively look into aquarium pumps

Thank you, I have looked at the peristaltic pumps, but they are way too heavy for my application. I have found a micro motor which is just under 2cm in size, but have no small rotary fan blades to drive it, I was more intereted in knwoing if someone has the intergrated pump.

Thank you, I will check, sincerely, PB

1. What is a small rotary pump?

A small rotary pump is a type of pump that uses a rotating mechanism to move fluid from one place to another. It is often used in applications where a small amount of fluid needs to be moved at a consistent rate.

2. What is the size of the small rotary pump?

The size of a small rotary pump can vary, but in this case, it is available in a size of 2x1x1cm. This means that it is compact and can easily fit into small spaces.

3. What is the flow rate of the small rotary pump?

The flow rate of the small rotary pump is 1-50cc/min. This means that it can move between 1 and 50 cubic centimeters of fluid per minute.

4. Is the small rotary pump readily available?

Yes, the small rotary pump is readily available for purchase. It is a commonly used pump and can be found in many scientific and industrial supply stores.

5. What are the common applications of a small rotary pump?

A small rotary pump is often used in laboratory experiments, medical devices, and other scientific and industrial applications where a precise and consistent flow of fluid is needed. It can also be used for dosing, mixing, and sampling purposes.

Back