Photons, QFT and electric generators

In summary, a 15-year-old inventor has created a device that can produce more electrical output than input and has won a national science fair. However, judges believe it violates the laws of thermodynamics and energy conservation. The inventor argues that there are additional inputs from magnets and is now studying quantum field theory to explain the phenomenon. They ask for clarification on whether photons are responsible for the increased energy input. The inventor hopes that this device will help solve global problems.
14shreyas
hi, friends.
i am 15 and have made a device using electric motors and generators which is able to produce more "electrical output" than the "electrical input". i have won the national science fair with this but the problem is that the judges say i am braking the 2nd law of thermodynamics and law of conservation of energy. but somehow i am able to convince them that we are just looking at the electrical input and output instead there are more inputs from the magnets too. so that we are not breaking the basic laws of physics. and now i am reading QFT and am assuming that the little packets of energy or photon are responsible for the outcome. they are some how adding up into the total energy input which is higher then the input. am i correct? if yes pleaase explain. if no please explain.
please you are helping solve many problems of Earth with this device...

Physics news on Phys.org
Closed, pending moderation.

Zz.

1. What are photons?

Photons are particles of light and electromagnetic radiation. They have zero mass and travel at the speed of light. They also have both wave-like and particle-like properties, known as wave-particle duality.

2. What is QFT and how does it relate to photons?

Quantum Field Theory (QFT) is a theoretical framework that combines quantum mechanics and special relativity to describe the behavior of particles and fields. Photons are the particles associated with the electromagnetic field, which is one of the four fundamental forces described by QFT.

3. How do electric generators work?

Electric generators work by converting mechanical energy into electrical energy. This is done by rotating a coil of wire within a magnetic field, which creates an electric current. The rotation of the coil is typically powered by a turbine, which can be driven by various sources, such as wind or steam.

4. Why are photons important in electric generators?

Photons are important in electric generators because they are the carriers of electromagnetic energy. The rotating coil in the generator creates a changing magnetic field, which induces an electric current through the coil. This process relies on the interaction between the magnetic field and the photons within it.

5. How do photons and QFT impact our understanding of electricity and energy?

Photons and QFT have greatly expanded our understanding of electricity and energy. QFT explains the fundamental interactions between particles and fields, including the interactions that occur in electric generators. Photons, as the particles associated with the electromagnetic field, play a crucial role in our understanding of the behavior of electricity and energy at the quantum level.