What is the Relationship Between Induction and Charge Increment?

In summary, charge induction is a process where a charged body is brought near a grounded conductor, causing opposite charges to accumulate in the conductor. This results in the conductor having a distribution of electrical charges on its surface. The intensity of induction is affected by ideal conditions and the absence of E.F losses.
dE_logics
"Induction is a process of increment of charge such that the charge induced equals to the charge difference between the source charge and the body (which need to be charged) if the body is having an opposite and initial charge lower that that of the charging source."

This is what I concluded...am I right?...If I am, I got some major problems.

Physics news on Phys.org
No one can confirm this?...well I find it true...following this for a real-life lossy capacitor, I get problems.

Ok, what are the previous generalisations do we have about charge induction?

Hi there,

Since you seem to really want to have an answer on this one.

Charge induction is a very simple process which consist bringing a charged body near a grounded conductor. The charged body will, by the Coulomb force, "force" opposite charges to be accumulated in the conductor. Once this is done, the grounding can be cut off, resulting in a conductor having an amount of electrical charges distributed on its surface.

Cheers

Of course, I know that, but I made a generalisation and I want to see if its true.

I'm talking about the intensity of induction here under ideal conditions (i.e no E.F losses).

Of course, I know that, but I made a generalisation and I want to see if its true.

I'm talking about the intensity of induction here under ideal conditions (i.e no E.F losses).

1. What is charge induction?

Charge induction is a process in which an electrically charged object can influence the distribution of charges in a nearby object without physically touching it. This occurs due to the electric field produced by the charged object.

2. How does charge induction work?

Charge induction works by the electric field of a charged object exerting a force on the charged particles in a nearby object. This causes a redistribution of charges, resulting in a net charge on the object even though it has not been directly touched by the charged object.

3. What are some examples of charge induction?

Some examples of charge induction include rubbing a balloon on your hair and then placing it near a wall, causing the balloon to stick to the wall. Another example is when a charged object is brought near an uncharged electroscope and causes the leaves to separate.

4. How is charge induction different from conduction and induction?

Charge induction is different from conduction in that it does not require direct contact between charged objects. It is also different from induction, which involves using a charged object to induce a charge on a neutral object without touching it.

5. What are the practical applications of charge induction?

Charge induction has many practical applications, including the functioning of capacitors in electronic devices, electrostatic precipitators used in air pollution control, and the operation of touchscreens on electronic devices. It also plays a role in the formation of lightning during thunderstorms.