Why do you think science is amazing?

• Thread starter mia_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of science and why it is considered amazing. The speakers mention their interest in understanding reality and the complexity of science, as well as the joy of predicting and learning about scientific concepts such as chemistry. The topic of fish is briefly mentioned, with one speaker expressing their preference for a goldfish as a pet. The conversation ends with a humorous initiation into the forum.
mia_
Hi, it's my first post here :tongue2:
as it is a forum about science, I suppose you all here find science amazing.The question is WHY? For example, I think it's interesting because it helps us to understand reality

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps science is amazing because it, and it alone, is able to show how amazing and complex reality actually is..

For example, mia, what is your favourite fish? :smile:

It depends on what do you mean by ''fish'' :biggrin:

Well this is my first post as well yeppy

Well why I find science Amazing

Because I like the idea of knowing what might happen and why.
I love knowing why they work and predicting what they will do.
My favorite science is chemistry.

mia_ said:
It depends on what do you mean by ''fish'' :biggrin:

Those swimming about in lakes, fjords, rivers, oceans or ponds, mostly. :smile:

*Goldfish smacked into mia's ear. SQUELCH!*

You are now properly initiated at PF. Welcome! :smile:

1. Why do you think science is amazing?

Science is amazing because it allows us to understand the world around us and discover new things about the universe. Through science, we can explain the mysteries of nature and develop technologies that improve our lives.

2. How has science impacted society?

Science has had a profound impact on society in countless ways. It has led to advancements in medicine, technology, communication, transportation, and many other areas. It has also helped us better understand and address global issues such as climate change and energy sustainability.

3. What is the most exciting aspect of science for you?

The most exciting aspect of science for me is the constant pursuit of knowledge and the thrill of discovery. There is always something new to learn and explore, and the possibilities are endless.

4. How do you think science can solve global challenges?

Science plays a crucial role in addressing global challenges by providing evidence-based solutions and technologies. Through research and innovation, science can help us find sustainable solutions for issues such as poverty, hunger, and environmental degradation.

5. How can we inspire more people to pursue careers in science?

We can inspire more people to pursue careers in science by promoting the importance and impact of science in our daily lives. We can also provide opportunities for hands-on experiences and showcase the exciting and diverse fields within the scientific community.