$20 million worth of fireworks in five minutes

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the Dubai luxury hotel celebration featured a 20 million dollar bash, attended by film stars and sporting greats, and marked by a spectacular fireworks display.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
DUBAI (AFP) — Shrugging off the global financial crisis, Dubai overnight toasted a new luxury hotel with a 20 million dollar bash attended by film stars and sporting greats and marked by a spectacular fireworks display...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jLy5JmQO0rujtgIhagTrOSwBRkfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHAIItGzjRw

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That's a little excessive.

Someone should remind them that the price of oil is a third of what it was.

LowlyPion said:
That's a little excessive.

Someone should remind them that the price of oil is a third of what it was.

Its Dubai. Their entire culture is based on havnig large amounts of money and letting everyone else know it. What do you think they would do with all that cash, give $20 million to the red cross or use it to fund research to help cure diseases? :rolleyes: Only stupid saps like us spend money on such practical things.

It is off the scale - it is a phenomenon that cannot be properly appreciated.

Fireworks seen from the air defeat the purpose and lose their awe and majesty. Yet the display is far too large to be appreciated from the ground (since it obviously spans the entire Palm Dubai, an area of 25 square kilometers).

That, in itself, is kind of awe-inspiring and kind of sad at the same time.

It's more than just showing off. They know their days as an oil-rich nation are limited - something like twenty years, IIRC - so they have invested tremendously in a future of tourism. They are trying to position themselves as THE resort destination in the ME.

When the sirens when off at the end, all I could think of was "fire alarm!" like they had caught the new hotel on fire.

turbo-1 said:
When the sirens when off at the end, all I could think of was "fire alarm!" like they had caught the new hotel on fire.

Heh, I was thinking that air raid sirens may not be the best choice for a ME resort.

Related to $20 million worth of fireworks in five minutes

1. How many fireworks will be used in the $20 million show?

There will be approximately 20,000 fireworks used in the $20 million show, with a variety of sizes and effects.

2. How long will the $20 million show last?

The show will last for approximately five minutes, with the $20 million worth of fireworks being launched in a rapid and synchronized manner.

3. Where will the $20 million fireworks show take place?

The location of the show will vary depending on the event, but it will typically be held in a large outdoor space, such as a park or stadium, where safety measures can be implemented.

4. How much preparation goes into a $20 million worth of fireworks show?

A lot of preparation goes into a $20 million worth of fireworks show. It involves careful planning, designing, and testing of the fireworks and their placement, as well as obtaining necessary permits and ensuring safety measures are in place.

5. Is it worth spending $20 million on a fireworks show?

The decision to spend $20 million on a fireworks show is subjective and depends on the event and its goals. For large and significant events, a grand fireworks display can be a memorable and exciting way to celebrate and entertain attendees.

Back