Do You Have a Band for Feeling Great?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the person enjoyed teaching and helping others understand complex ideas. They enjoyed playing games, being smarter then others, spending time with their wife, and experiencing snow storms.
Loren Booda
Dusk, intimacy, daydreaming, God, music, invention, peace, achievement, good health, physics, art, et cetera.

Physics news on Phys.org
intimacy...unfortunately the few days later after-effect can sometimes be that u feel like **** (*cough* girls confuse the **** out of me *cough*)

Given the choice, wouldn't you prefer mutual pleasure with someone you cared for?

Loren Booda said:
Given the choice, wouldn't you prefer mutual pleasure with someone you cared for?

That has an obvious answer. :!)

This may be the most common answer for the people in these Forums, but I love the feeling of discovery. Especially those occasional epiphenies that reshape one's perception of reality as a whole. I spent a great deal of my adolesence attempting to achieve this experience chemically, but that never satisfied.

Of course, being a man of faith, I'd have to say that I consider all discovery to be discovery of God in some way. This is the pathos that researchers are trying to tap into when they say that a new cosmological model or a newly discovered particle will "reveal the mind of God". Though most do not take such statements as literally as I, the fact that such a statement is used to gain people's attention reveals something fundamental about the human psyche; that we seek understanding. We all acknowledge the existence of some ultimate "truth" that is our God, and we seek to nkow that truth. every time I gain a new piece of the puzzle, I feel as if I have done what I was made to do; a great sense of fullfillment.

Loren Booda said:

Heh. Of course, it was just a facetious remark.

This may be the most common answer for the people in these Forums, but I love the feeling of discovery. Especially those occasional epiphenies that reshape one's perception of reality as a whole. I spent a great deal of my adolesence attempting to achieve this experience chemically, but that never satisfied.

Hmmm looks like i misspent my youth :rofl:

- Going for a blat on a freezing, sunny, dry day in my kit
- Walking through the Peak District in the night-frozen snow on New Year's Day with someone special
- Playing a gig that goes well
- Pulling off a major project at work

- Riding motorcycles
- Science
- Music
- Spinning donuts in the snow :)

Last night before Thanksgiving dinner, my brother (who is a biologist) asked me why we can't follow the rays of light backwards and find the centre of the universe.

Five minutes later, with the help of a nephew's party balloon and a marker, I was demonstrating the expanding universe balloon metaphor, the fourth dimension and closed, unbounded objects - to an impromptu audience spanning three generations, ranging from 15yo to 78yo - that lasted until the dinner bell rang.

Man! Would that it had never ended! Teaching to the willing is intoxicating! (And the reason I'm here on PF.) Should I have heen a teacher?

- Hitting the town with mates has to be one of the greatest. Parties, chatting, anything invoving people having a great time, I'm there.

I like the feeling of finding the answer to a difficult problem, playing chess on a Friday afternoon, and eating a good meal after being hungry from a long study session. I also, for some reason, like taking long walks alone on winter nights when the moon is bright outside and the weather is clear.

Now that I read over this I feel I am a bit of a loner.:frown:

Loren Booda said:
Dusk, intimacy, daydreaming, God, music, invention, peace, achievement, good health, physics, art, et cetera.

Understanding complex ideas - Listening to heavy and fast double bass - winning computer games - being smarter then other people*.

*Of course if other people are smarter then me that doens't make me sad.

-Irish Whiskey
-The pure curiosity of children
-Having my whole family together
-Games
-Playing soccer and hurling
-After a giant snow blizzard late at night, walking down the middle of the road knowing no one else is insane enough to be out in that weather
-Every minute spent with my wife

The Child of Evo.

Talking to friends here at the forum.

DaveC426913 said:
Last night before Thanksgiving dinner, my brother (who is a biologist) asked me why we can't follow the rays of light backwards and find the centre of the universe.

Five minutes later, with the help of a nephew's party balloon and a marker, I was demonstrating the expanding universe balloon metaphor, the fourth dimension and closed, unbounded objects - to an impromptu audience spanning three generations, ranging from 15yo to 78yo - that lasted until the dinner bell rang.

Man! Would that it had never ended! Teaching to the willing is intoxicating! (And the reason I'm here on PF.) Should I have heen a teacher?

i agree, i really enjoy helping people understand things...although I am not in the position of knowing much at the moment.

Using my power on others; dominating them with the force that is myself.

Feeling the sun shine on my skin, and the sounds of water.

- Finishing a really good workout (swim, bike, run, whatever)

- Riding a motocross track well, getting tired but balancing well and staying loose, and getting some significant air over tables and doubles. The feeling you get when you launch well and look down and see you have the landing downslope lined up well, and then just relaxing for a couple seconds in the air is really incredible!

- Getting a hug from my kids!

Likes gracy
Taking a dose of testosterone and breaking things;)

Sticking K grinds.
Playing Drums.

Do you have a band?

What makes you feel great?

1. How do you define feeling great?

Feeling great can mean different things to different people. It can be a physical sensation, an emotional state, or a combination of both. Each person has their own unique definition of what makes them feel great.

2. What are some common ways to feel great?

There are many ways to feel great, but some common methods include exercising, spending time with loved ones, practicing self-care, engaging in hobbies, and achieving personal goals.

3. Can feeling great be a temporary or long-term state?

Feeling great can be both a temporary and long-term state. Some activities or events may bring temporary feelings of joy or happiness, while other practices such as self-care or a positive mindset can contribute to long-term feelings of well-being.

4. Is it important to prioritize feeling great in daily life?

Yes, prioritizing feeling great in daily life can have many benefits, including improved mental and physical health, increased productivity, and a better overall quality of life. Taking care of our well-being should be a top priority.

5. Can feeling great impact others around us?

Absolutely! When we feel great, we radiate positive energy and can positively impact those around us. By prioritizing our own well-being, we can create a ripple effect and inspire others to do the same.