My Room Has Carpet: A Strange Story

• Thread starter photon
  • Start date
In summary, a group of individuals discuss their experiences with finding unexpected items in their rooms, ranging from carpet, stationary sets, and lost items to messy rooms and long-lost objects. Some share humorous stories of their messy or cluttered rooms, while others defend their organized chaos. The conversation also touches on the idea that a messy room can be a sign of an organized mind.
photon
My room has carpet!

I just cleaned my room awhile ago, and I found the weirdest thing: There's carpet in my room! How on Earth did that get there?!

Anyone else had this weird experience (jimmy p perhaps?)

Physics news on Phys.org
My daughter tends to let things stay where ever they fall. Cleaning her room is like an archaeological dig because of the amazing relics that can be found digging down through the layers of debris.

oh yeah! lol ! me too!

I was cleaning up my room the other day, and lo and behold, there under my bed was a stationary set! I really don't know where it came from though. Another time, I found a movie that I'd never thought I had...now I believe it "ran away" (I wonder who was responsible for that! ((rhetorical)))

Yeah, but that doesn't begin to compare with the time I found the Lost City of Atlantis under my bed.

I sit at my desk sometimes to do homework, and i just throw the scratch paper behind me. I usually decide to clean the room after a few weeks of the annoying sound my swivel chair make when it rolls through crumpled paper. And when none of my socks are clean because they've been thrown under my bed and haven't made it to the laundry.

lol.
I'm glad I'm not alone! Like evo said, a messy room can be the equivelant of an arecheaological dig!

You know what's crazy? I can't find my microscope! how do you loose something like that? Better go on a dig...

but you know, a I was onece told that scientists discovered that a messy desk or environment is a sign of an organized brain.

Originally posted by photon
I just cleaned my room awhile ago, and I found the weirdest thing: There's carpet in my room! How on Earth did that get there?!

Anyone else had this weird experience (jimmy p perhaps?)

I have heard of this "carpet" myth, but it's just old wives tales IMO. Last time i looked under my bed, a new civilization had formed and was worshipping one of my socks.

My room is an ORGANISED MESS. I know where everything is. On the floor. simple stuff!

Last edited:
You guys are nothing! My friend has lost like six N64 and some GameCube games too ( that was when N64s were good). How do you lose stuff like that. You don't need to take it anywher, ot should just be by the TV. It's insanity.

And my friend does not have an organized brain!

Damn, most of that stuff would give my dad a heart attack.

One of my friends described my room as " a jail cell".

It's Spartan, and that's the way I like it

My room is an ORGANISED MESS. I know where everything is. On the floor. simple stuff!

I feel your pain. When my parents say I should clean my room because there's stuff everywhere, I complain that everything in there has an exact position that can be easily defined.
What is the deal?!

After a long decade as a nomad, I have finally unpacked my stuff...you wouldn't believe the crap I've been toting around for the last 10 years! I found homework I was suppsed to turn in in 11th grade!

Thats classic, zero. Did you find anything green and pulsating?

That makes the papers from first quarter found in my room like kid stuff.

My room has two main routes: The one to my bed, and the other to my closet. Both routes wind around in an s-curve pattern. Makes for some interesting aesthetics.

Im way too cluttered for my own good.

Thats classic, zero. Did you find anything green and pulsating?

That makes the papers from first quarter found in my room like kid stuff.
No, the green stuff apparently evolved legs and walked off...

You just don't know how much crap I had in boxes, moving from my parents house to the dorms, to an apartment, back into my parent's house, into a couple of different barracks rooms, back into my parent's house, another long string of condos and apartments, once more back to my parent's house, and finally into my own house. G.I. Joes, computer games from 1991, strange bits of guitars, all sorts of crap.

I know a fellow who tells some funny stories about his old college roommate. Supposedly the guy would just spit the hulls from his sunflower seeds onto the floor. Lifting books and papers up from stacks strewn about the room, one was likely to find moldy slices of pizza. Fast-food bags and paper drinking cups permanently covered the floorboards of his car.

Wow, I am like a clean freak compared to the rest of you. I better get my parents to read this thread; they ALWAYS refer to my room as The Pig Sty. But the only messy thing about my room is the overflow of books from my bookshelves. Just don't have enough space in my room. :frown:

For me, flipping through my books is like an archaeological dig, because of the amount of paper that have amassed inside. I like folding my papers and keeping them in a book so that they remain flat. The obvious drawback is that I lose track of where my papers are. Just the other day I found a piece of homework I was supposed to hand in two years ago!

Yeah, I'm pretty bad about about jotting stuff down on scrap paper (such as the blank backs of printed sheets of this or that). The newest papers are at the top. If I have to really dig down deep for something old, I find myself muttering, "Permian... Pennsylvanian... Mississipian..."

my parents affectionately name my room The Black Hole, because "everything ends up in there". I am insulted, i would rather have The Pig Sty!

You know, a layer of evenly grown mold could be mistaken for a carpet.

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
You know, a layer of evenly grown mold could be mistaken for a carpet.

Njorl
I was just going to ask how sure he was it is indeed a carpet

And I thought the carpet moving when I stared at it was just an illusion.

Some people say, "clothes don't just grow legs and walk away." They obviously haven't seen my old socks. ('cept for now the room's clean)

Some people say, "clothes don't just grow legs and walk away." They obviously haven't seen my old socks. ('cept for now the room's clean)

LOL my clothes have legs...well my trousers do. I have now commanded the civilisations that live under my bed to tidy my room. And if they refuse, I'll CRUSH them! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FOR I AM THEIR GOD!

Originally posted by jimmy p
LOL my clothes have legs...well my trousers do. I have now commanded the civilisations that live under my bed to tidy my room. And if they refuse, I'll CRUSH them! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FOR I AM THEIR GOD!
I thought your sock was their God.

Originally posted by Tsunami
I thought your sock was their God.

It WAS until they saw me smite the Sock with a single blow

Originally posted by jimmy p
Hokey dokey!

jimmy p said:

LOL. Guess what my screen name means?!

that you pick fights with assorted lizards?

that you pick fights with assorted lizards?
LOL!

Maybe he eats four square salamanders a day?

haha! nope! (i'm a girl by the way)

See, my friends and I (we're an odd bunch) like to make up funny, outrageous names for each other. One of my names is SquareItSalamander. I really don't know how we came up with it...

Anyhow, my full name is "Square It Salamander, protectress of inanimate objects!"
Let's see, from that I think you can guess what kind of "super hero" I am supposed to be.
When I told one of my teachers that I'm the "protectress of inanimate objects", he asked me if his house was on fire, would I save the inanimate objects instead of the living ones?
I said, yup. just doing my job! :eek:

(of course that was a joke.) :wink:

So, jimmyp , when you said "It WAS until they saw me smite the Sock with a single blow", I saw that to be a serious felony against inanimate objects.

Don't worry you guys, I'm not crazy! I'm just really imaginative. :biggrin:

Has anyone ever had a pet rock? I did, but he is desceased.

i remember i had to look after a rock. Me and a bunch of guys met up, and i got told to look after this rock until we met up again. I was sad enough to do it. However the rock DID have a use. It was a doorstop.

Anyway Square it Salamander, protectress of inanimate objects (jeez you sound like you should be in some 80's power metal band). You wouldn't challenge a God now would you? :cool: I mean, if you did that would anger me :mad: and i would be forced to smite you like i did the Sock!

SquareItSalamander said:
Don't worry you guys, I'm not crazy! I'm just really imaginative. :biggrin:

being imaginative does not necessarily mean you aren't crazy. I know a few crazy imaginative people.

Last edited:
Speaking of cleanliness. my idea of an clean room is having everything within reach and in view.
My girlfriend on the other hand is obsessed with cleanliness. The other day she washed the briquettes from our bar-b-que grill with soap and water. I had to put my foot down a couple weeks ago when I found her vacuuming the leaves on the lawn. And she's ruined a VCR and a laser printer by washing them with soapy water.

Jimmy p, you disgust me. (notice the inadvertent rhyme :smile:) Salamanders are amphibians, not lizards.

Honestly, people these days.

calm down...

I mean, if you did that would anger me and i would be forced to smite you like i did the Sock!

Oh, I no! I would never challenge God; you see, I'm very religious (seriously).

or, if you're just being sarcatic by that comment, I must remind you it's kinda hard detecting sarcasm without the tone of voice.

rathma said:
Jimmy p, you disgust me. (notice the inadvertent rhyme :smile:) Salamanders are amphibians, not lizards.

Honestly, people these days.

amphibians! My "title" certainly doesn't go with my nature...(i suppose). When ever I try going underwater in a pool, I float right back up. I've tried dozens of ways to try to stay underwater (at least a foot under) but it never works. I can only float...So I'm more of a land animal. (because I can move around more freely out of water).

tribdog said:
being imaginative does not necessarily mean you aren't crazy. I know a few crazy imaginative people.

Are you saying I'm crazy? Its just a little clean fun.

no, I don't anthropamorphosize (how in the world do you spell that word?!) anything. My friends and I just think its really funny. This whole thing is just for laughs; I don't take it seriously. I am a person of science.