Optimizing Magnet Size and Wire Gauge for High-Powered Magnetic Generator Design

In summary, the individual is seeking assistance in building their own magnetic generator based on a design in an attached picture. They are inquiring about the size of magnets and gauge and length of copper wire needed to generate 60 kW at 240 rpm, and how this would change if they aimed for a higher rpm of 480. They are advised to use simple multiplication to determine the necessary size of the magnets.
barendfaber
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. Looking at the attached picture design of a magnetic generator, I would like to try and build my own.

If I had to build a generator producing 60 kW at 240 rpm, how big should the magnets be, and what gauge copper wire and length should I use? If I would like to generate 60 kW at a higher rpm, say 480 rpm, how would this affect the size of the magnets I need to use, as well as the gauge and length of the copper wire?

Attachments

• Permanent Magnetic Generator.jpg
    Permanent Magnetic Generator.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
...oh, boy...

As the size of the magnet grows so does its requirements for physical space,use simple multiplication . Good Luck!

1. How does the new magnetic generator design work?

The new magnetic generator design utilizes a set of rotating magnets and copper coils to generate electrical energy. As the magnets rotate, they create a changing magnetic field which induces a current in the copper coils, producing electricity.

2. Is the new magnetic generator design more efficient than traditional generators?

Yes, the new magnetic generator design is more efficient than traditional generators. It has a higher power output for the same amount of input energy, making it a more sustainable and cost-effective option for generating electricity.

3. Can the new magnetic generator design be used in homes or only for industrial purposes?

The new magnetic generator design can be used for both homes and industrial purposes. Its compact size and efficient energy production make it suitable for residential use, while its higher power output makes it a valuable asset for industrial applications.

4. Is the new magnetic generator design environmentally friendly?

Yes, the new magnetic generator design is environmentally friendly. It does not emit any harmful gases or produce any waste, making it a clean energy source. It also does not rely on fossil fuels, reducing our carbon footprint and helping to combat climate change.

5. What are the potential benefits of implementing the new magnetic generator design?

The potential benefits of implementing the new magnetic generator design include reduced energy costs, a more sustainable and reliable source of electricity, and a decrease in carbon emissions. It can also provide energy independence and security, as it does not rely on external sources for fuel.