Reproductive cloning disturbed by interferences

• Thread starter kleinwolf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cloning
In summary, the conversation discusses questions about genetic engineering, specifically regarding reproductive cloning, chromosomal hybridization of animals, and the possibility of clones reproducing with each other. The conversation also touches on the topic of gene engineering in science fiction scenarios. It is also mentioned that mules, a hybrid animal between a horse and a donkey, cannot normally reproduce.
kleinwolf
I wanted to ask the following questions about genetic engineering :

1) is reproductive cloning disturbed by interferences between the introduced nuclear DNA and the already present mitchondrial DNA ?

2) Do you know if test of chromosomial hybrid of animals were done : like putting some chromosoms of several species in order to get the right number depending on the receiving oocyte ?

3) Since it is/was the witch-chase about clone-maker, do you know what happen if clones (supposedly artificial made) by genetical modification of the sexual chromosom Y could reproduce themselves in a more natural way ?

Biology news on Phys.org
question 1, hmm sort of. Nothing new yet.

question 2 and 3 please clarify

Clone opposition to sexual normal point of view

Science-fiction :

let say in 2525, cloning for reproductive goal, and gene engineering would be dominated by human scientists, such that, you could take your somatic DNA (let say to stay not gross : skin cell for example)...you make a first clone of you into an egg of a 1st woman...then you genetically modify the sexual genes X or Y (science fiction we remind) to make from you the opposite sex body (up to now there exist only 2 sexes : male and female, but this could change into less or more (science-fiction))...

So you have now 2 eggs of 2 women with 2 DNA codes from you : 1 the same, the other the same but with opposite sex...you let those 2 ovocyte/eggs now artificially feconed into both holding-mother...so that you get 2 clones of you...a male and a female...but those are you (not exactly), so can they have sex together (I mean here sexual relationships) and have children.(It's kind of : do you like/love yourself extended into the biological reality, if you see what I mean)

For remembrance, mule (animal) is an (i suppose human forced/made) hybrid between a horse and a donkey...note that mule normally cannot reproduce, and that normally, the male in this hybrid is the donkey, because the other way round is painful (sick (?) supposately)...

I didn't know you would need those details, I thougt it was self-explaining.

Thank you for your interest...should we make a poll ?

Related to Reproductive cloning disturbed by interferences

1. What is reproductive cloning and how is it affected by interferences?

Reproductive cloning is the process of creating an identical copy of an organism through asexual reproduction. Interferences can disrupt this process by introducing errors or mutations in the cloned organism's DNA, leading to potential health problems.

2. What are some examples of interferences that can affect reproductive cloning?

Interferences can include environmental factors, such as exposure to toxins or radiation, as well as errors during the cloning process itself, such as incomplete or incorrect DNA replication.

3. How can interferences impact the success of reproductive cloning?

Interferences can lead to the failure of the cloning process, resulting in the death of the cloned organism. They can also cause genetic defects or health issues in the cloned organism, reducing its overall viability and lifespan.

4. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding reproductive cloning and interferences?

Yes, there are ethical concerns regarding the potential harm and suffering of the cloned organisms, as well as the potential for misuse of this technology for unethical purposes, such as creating clones for exploitation.

5. How are scientists working to minimize the impact of interferences on reproductive cloning?

Scientists are continually researching and developing techniques to reduce the likelihood of interferences, such as improving cloning methods and implementing quality control measures to identify and eliminate any errors or mutations in the cloned organism's DNA.