Nichrome Wire Suppliers in Canada: Where to Find Affordable Options?

In summary, if you are looking to buy Nichrome wire in Canada, you can try searching for electric and electronics stores in your city using websites like yellowpages.ca or hobby and model airplane shops, such as Goodfellow. It is also possible to purchase it online from websites like McMaster Carr, but they may have restrictions on shipping to Canada.
Fisher888
Where would i buy some Nichrome wire in Canada?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Fisher888 said:
Where would i buy some Nichrome wire in Canada?

I doubt there are any export controls on nicrhome wire. Can't you just google it and buy it over the Internet?

You could try this:

www.yellowpages.ca

Then enter:
wire-electrics & electronics

and your city.

You can try McMaster Carr.

elect_eng said:
You can try McMaster Carr.

I'd heard that McMaster-Carr was no longer shipping to Canada unless you happen to be one of their existing customers?

To the OP, look up hobby or model airplane shops in your city: they may stock, or know who would stock it.

sweet thanks

Goodfellow (tend to be expensive)

1. Where can I buy Nichrome wire?

Nichrome wire can be purchased at most hardware stores, electronics stores, and online retailers. Some common places to find Nichrome wire include Home Depot, Lowe's, RadioShack, and Amazon.

2. What gauge of Nichrome wire should I buy?

The gauge of Nichrome wire you should buy depends on the specific application and the amount of current you need to pass through it. Generally, the thicker the wire, the higher the current it can handle. It is recommended to consult with an expert or do research to determine the appropriate gauge for your needs.

3. Is Nichrome wire safe to use?

Yes, Nichrome wire is safe to use as long as it is handled properly and used within its recommended temperature range. It is important to follow safety precautions when handling Nichrome wire, such as wearing gloves and eye protection, as it can get very hot when in use.

4. Can Nichrome wire be used for other purposes besides heating?

Yes, Nichrome wire can also be used for cutting, sealing, and welding various materials. It is commonly used in the production of heating elements for appliances, but its high resistance and durability make it suitable for a variety of applications.

5. Are there any alternatives to buying Nichrome wire?

Yes, there are some alternatives to buying Nichrome wire, such as using Kanthal wire or stainless steel wire. However, these alternatives may not have the same properties or resistance as Nichrome wire, so it is important to research and test them before using them in a project.