Is My Dog's Mug Shot on the Internet?! How Did She End Up in Jail?!

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
In summary, the dog's mug shot is on the internet, she is half blind in one eye, has a hard time walking, and she sheds her collar and takes off for a wild time on the town. The dog is over a 100 in dog years and is doing it to get your attention. The PF Sisters will take stern measures otherwise.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
How humiliating. My dog has her mug shot posted on the internet.

14 1/2 years old, fat, half blind in one eye, has a hard time walking (thanks to age and obesity), and she sheds her collar and takes off for a wild time on the town - only to wind up in the local dog jail.

Aaaagh! I can't believe my dog's mug shot is on the internet!

Physics news on Phys.org
Were drugs or alcohol involved?

Tell her to keep her tail down.

She's over a 100 in dog years! Is it even worth it to bail her out?

Look what happened to Arthur Winston just a month after retiring at the age of 100. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/14/100yrold.obit.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Last edited by a moderator:
BobG said:
She's over a 100 in dog years! Is it even worth it to bail her out?

Look what happened to Arthur Winston just a month after retiring at the age of 100. A month after retiring, 100-year-old transit worker dies [/url]
She's doing it to get your attention!

She's got a few good months left.

Have a heart!

Oh she's so cute! You better be joking about not getting her. :grumpy:

Bob, go get your dog!

Math Is Hard said:
Bob, go get your dog!
YEAH, BOB! Wait until Moonbear finds out. :uhh:

I think the PF Sisters will take stern measures otherwise. :devil:

Astronuc said:
YEAH, BOB! Wait until Moonbear finds out. :uhh:
At least she's spayed. :biggrin: That's actually a pretty nifty idea, to put the mugshots on the internet, so you can save time looking for a lost pet by searching online rather than having to go from shelter to shelter in person.

oh, my goodness -
they have a widdle mousie up for adoption at the shelter:
http://www.humanecolospgs.org/images/featured/f1145035613.jpg
Will you get it for me, Bob? Please? It's only five bucks. I'll trade you a red paper clip for it. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd do anything for a red paper clip! :tongue2:

I have three cats. With one of those clear, plastic exercise balls that allow the mouse to at least somewhat explore the house, the cats will have great entertainment and the mouse will have an incredibly good aerobic training program.

oh yeah - that would be one busy mouse! :biggrin:

I couldn't help but think of this photo:
11638.jpg

I didn't make it to the pound before they closed yesterday, so I had to bail the dog out this morning. But, of course I had to get her out.

She's so entertaining. Once, while riding in the back of my Dodge Dynasty, she stuck her head out the window, then rolled the window up on her head and got very distressed about it.

That took some quick thinking since I was driving in heavy traffic. She'd stepped on the power window switch, so I had to disable the window switches, then roll down the window using my switch. Then I had to try and control the car in heavy traffic while laughing uncontrollably.

Attachments

• free from jail.JPG
    free from jail.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 462
  • homea.JPG
    homea.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 428
Awwww, you old softy. :approve:

She looks very repentant in that second picture.

Bless her sweet beagle heart. She must be so happy to be home. :smile:

Just to follow up, my dog, Betty, passed away yesterday morning.

She wouldn't come to the back door, even when I called her, so I had to look for her. She was back behind the bush where she likes to bury her bones and other treasure and was still alive, but she was obviously dying. I thought about taking her to the vet, but I was pretty sure their only solution would be to go ahead and put her to sleep. She only lived for about a half hour after I found her, so I wound up just petting her and talking to her.

It wasn't a total shock, since she was getting to the point where I knew we were going to have some problems to face - getting up the stairs to the deck was an arduous ordeal for her anymore and it was getting to the point where I was scared to watch her go down the stairs. She also spent most of her time lying in the living room or on the deck. Still, the fact that she still would feel pretty active once in a while and that she could still make it up those stairs made me think we still had a little more time.

I was glad I found her while she was still alive, though.

I am so sorry for your loss. It was nice that you found her and spent that time with her.

Hey, Bob, I'm sorry too about the loss of Betty. :frown:

I'm very sorry to hear about Betty. I am glad you had a few last moments with her.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. :frown:

Bob, Tsu and I were sorry to hear about your puppy.

She got to have one last, great adventure, and even made the internet.

Sorry of the loss of your animal friend, they are such good friends. Nice that you were able to be there for her in the end. Sounds like she had the perfect doggy's life...with a bit of adventure!

Thanks for the nice wishes.

I'm not one to hold a wake for pets, but everyone was in a funk since Saturday. So last night, I remembered a video we made a little over 8 years ago on a day of hiking at Rampart Reservoir.

It's been years since I'd seen that video and I was amazed at how well it turned out. Usually, the video camera just seems to get in the way. It's one of the rare videos we have that really catch the feeling of the day. I think letting the kids take some of the video added something.

I think it went over pretty well. It wasn't about Betty. It was just a day of the family. You just noticed her a little bit more this time and noticed how she managed to fit in so well. Mostly, it just reminded everyone that we've had some really good days together.

Ya know, there are a lot of things that p!ss me off, but about only one thing that can get me teary eyed. This is it. Not necessarily even the death of a dog, but the loyalty they have to their master/mistress and the personalities they develop. It amazes me.

1. How did my dog's mug shot end up on the internet?

There are a few possible reasons for this. One possibility is that your dog was picked up by animal control and taken to a shelter, where their photo was taken and published online as part of the adoption process. Another possibility is that your dog was involved in a situation that led to them being photographed, such as a dog park altercation or a lost and found report.

2. Can anyone access my dog's mug shot on the internet?

In most cases, yes. If your dog's photo is posted on a public website, anyone with internet access can view it. However, some shelters and organizations may have privacy policies in place that limit who can view their adoption photos. It's always a good idea to check the website's terms and conditions or contact the organization directly if you have concerns about your dog's photo being shared.

3. Is my dog in trouble if their mug shot is on the internet?

Not necessarily. As mentioned before, there could be a variety of reasons for your dog's photo to be online. It's important to investigate the situation and gather all the facts before jumping to conclusions. If your dog was involved in an altercation or incident, it's possible that they may have been taken to a shelter or animal control facility as a precaution, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are in trouble.

4. Can I have my dog's mug shot removed from the internet?

It depends on where the photo is posted. If it's on a public website, you may be able to contact the site's administrators and request that the photo be taken down. However, if the photo is part of a public record or has been shared on social media, it may be more difficult to have it removed. In such cases, it's best to consult with a legal professional for guidance.

5. Should I be concerned if my dog's mug shot is on the internet?

It's always a good idea to find out why your dog's photo is online and if there are any potential consequences. However, it's also important to keep in mind that millions of animals are adopted from shelters every year, and their photos are often shared online as part of the adoption process. Unless there is a specific reason for concern, such as your dog being involved in a dangerous situation, having their photo on the internet is not necessarily a cause for alarm.