Can anyone provide data on the CY20F high voltage diode?

In summary, a CY20F high voltage diode is an electronic component used to handle high voltage currents in electrical circuits. It has a maximum voltage rating of 20,000 volts and is designed to handle higher voltages than regular diodes. Common applications include power supplies, laser power supplies, high voltage generators, and medical equipment. The right CY20F high voltage diode can be selected by considering factors such as maximum voltage and current ratings, reverse recovery time, and package type, and consulting the diode's datasheet.
Ravaner
Hello. I search, unsuccesfully, the datasheet for this component which is 20 kV diode. If someone has any data about it ...

Engineering news on Phys.org
I do not know of this diode - and can not find a DS 0 two companies I know of doing HV Diodes are CKE ( http://www.deantechnology.com/pg_home/home.aspx ) and OCRAM in Italy (http://www.ocramitaly.it/en/high-voltage-rectifiers-up-to-180-kv.html ) -

I am sure there are others - these are just the two I know of off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply

1. What is a CY20F high voltage diode?

A CY20F high voltage diode is an electronic component that is designed to handle high voltage currents. It is used in various electrical circuits and devices to regulate and control the flow of electricity.

2. What is the maximum voltage rating of a CY20F high voltage diode?

The maximum voltage rating of a CY20F high voltage diode is 20,000 volts.

3. What is the difference between a high voltage diode and a regular diode?

The main difference between a high voltage diode and a regular diode is the voltage handling capability. High voltage diodes are designed to handle much higher voltages than regular diodes.

4. What are the common applications of a CY20F high voltage diode?

Some common applications of a CY20F high voltage diode include power supplies, laser power supplies, high voltage generators, and medical equipment.

5. How do I select the right CY20F high voltage diode for my application?

The selection of a CY20F high voltage diode depends on factors such as maximum voltage and current ratings, reverse recovery time, and package type. It is important to consult the diode's datasheet and consider the requirements of your specific application before making a selection.