Pump probe spectroscopy as linear process away from equilibrium

by qu_bio
Tags: linear, probe, process, pump, spectroscopy
Share this thread:
qu_bio
Jun4-14, 09:54 AM
P: 2
Greetings everyone,

I have recently been trying to generate some theoretical pump probe spectroscopy data. The typical way to do this is via third order time dependent perturbation theory and applying phase matching approximations / Rotating wave approx etc etc.

There is however, no reason one cannot simply consider the state of the system after interacting with the first (strong) pump pulse and then looking at linear absorption in the non-equilibrium system $\rho_{eq} \to \rho_{neq}(t)$.
Naturally this has a few issues with the system actually evolving while the probe is interacting, but this pulse is considered short so it isn't a problem.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest any papers / textbooks that work through this formalism for absorption spectroscopy?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Technique simplifies the creation of high-tech crystals
Working group explores the 'frustration' of spin glasses
New analysis of oxide glass structures could guide the forecasting of melt formation in planetary interiors
DrDu
Jun5-14, 01:26 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 3,567
Prof. Wolfgand Domcke works intensively on the field of pump probe spectroscopy and the dynamics of the excited state.
Here is an article which may contain further interesting references.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...01010497000463
qu_bio
Jun5-14, 04:19 AM
P: 2
That seems to be what I was looking for, many thanks.

Register to reply