Is There a Simplified Explanation of Physics?

In summary: Greeetings,In summary, simpler explanations of physics can be found by reading popular books, or watching video lectures.
marko33
Greeetings,
I am new to this forum and I have heard theat there is a simpler explanation of physics and I am interested what is it.

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
marko33 said:
I have heard theat there is a simpler explanation of physics and I am interested what is it.
Yeah, it goes like this: "Because God said so!" :smile:

marko33 said:
Greeetings,
I am new to this forum and I have heard theat there is a simpler explanation of physics and I am interested what is it.

Thanks in advance

What area of physics and simpler than what?

Funny, I immediately had the same idea as A.T.

I personally believe in the end nothing can be easier than the mathematical equations. But for that you have be very good at maths. Reading popular physics book is kinda nice... like a fictional story... but it doesn't let you have your own thoughts about physics.

marko33 said:
Greeetings,

Thanks in advance

The word physics covers an extremely wide range of material, over 600 years of accumulated human knowledge about the physical world. You are going to need to be more specific. Asking for a simpler explanation of all of physics to be given in a forum post is a ridiculous request.

What specifically, do you want explained in a simpler way?

marko33 said:
Greeetings,

Thanks in advance

Perhaps your friends were talking about:

"feynman lectures on physics" three volumes:biggrin:

¿do you remember that name?

I am not sure but i think that it can be explained by energy.

This is far too vague to have any meaning, mark!

1. WHAT explanation is it you think is redundant and over-complex?

2. WHAT, in general terms, do you think migt replace it?

He means E=mc^2?

That was a joke on...erm... TV somewhere.

Do you mean mechanics? Which can be explained with energy easier than Newtons laws?

If you are looking for a very proficient professor, look no further than Walter Lewin. He is from MIT and awesome at explaining physics. Check it out at ocw.mit.edu in the audio/video course sections. They are video lectures. If you just want an alternative way to understand it, rather than just finding a better teacher, I don't know what to say.

I think the original question is a bit like asking for a simple way to play the piano well. I just don't think there is one; it involves never ending brain ache.

1. What is the purpose of studying physics?

The purpose of studying physics is to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world. It allows us to explain and predict the behavior of matter and energy, from the smallest particles to the largest structures in the universe.

2. How does physics relate to other sciences?

Physics is considered the foundation of all other sciences, as it provides the basic principles and laws that govern all natural phenomena. It is closely related to other sciences such as chemistry, biology, and astronomy, and often overlaps with them in areas such as biophysics, astrophysics, and physical chemistry.

3. Can physics be understood without advanced mathematics?

While mathematics is an essential tool in studying physics, it is possible to grasp the basic concepts and principles without advanced mathematical knowledge. Many physics concepts can be explained using everyday language and visual aids, making it accessible to a wider audience.

4. What are the major branches of physics?

The major branches of physics include classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and relativity. Other specialized fields include astrophysics, particle physics, and condensed matter physics.

5. How is physics relevant to everyday life?

Physics plays a crucial role in our everyday lives, from the technology we use to the natural phenomena we observe. It helps us understand how things work, from the motion of vehicles to the properties of materials and the behavior of light and sound. Many modern advancements in technology, medicine, and energy production are based on principles of physics.