Exploring the Flat Earth Society's Ridiculous Application Questions

In summary: Impaler? Favorite Radioactive Isotope: Iodine 131Favorite Mineral: SaltFavorite Eastern European Nation: RomaniaFavorite Presidential Cabinet Member: Mr. Rumsfeld
Imparcticle
I was viewing a site on the flat Earth society when I came across their application form to join. Here are a few ridiculous things listed:

Favorite Radioactive Isotope:
Favorite Mineral:
Favorite Eastern European Nation:
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member

Which is your favorite historical figure?
Rasputin Napoleon Bonaparte Tony Blair Attila The Hun

Can anyone answer these questions?

their arguments for a flat Earth for anyone intersted:
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/FlatEarth'society.htm

Physics news on Phys.org
Imparcticle said:
I was viewing a site on the flat Earth society when I came across their application form to join. Here are a few ridiculous things listed:

Favorite Mineral:
Favorite Eastern European Nation:
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member

Rasputin Napoleon Bonaparte Tony Blair Attila The Hun

Can anyone answer these questions?

their arguments for a flat Earth for anyone intersted:
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/FlatEarth'society.htm
I'm a bit partial to Iodine 131 myself... (we xray folks have a 'thing' for iodine :biggrin: )

Favorite Radioactive Isotope: any plutonium, i just like the name
Favorite Mineral: salt
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Bulgaria
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member: I'm not american, so i say no one
Which is your favorite historical figure? Napoléon all the way, GO THE FRENCH w00t

Favorite Radioactive Isotope: Uranium 235
Favorite Mineral: My computer
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Bosnia-Herzegovina. I don't know why. It's just fun to say.
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member: Colin Powell. Why not?

Tony the Hun! Attila Blair? Dangit, I hate these tests...

Favorite Radioactive Isotope: Unobtanium.
Favorite Mineral: Chocolate.
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Pamela Stephenson.
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member: Wolf Blass.
Which is your favorite historical figure: Helen of Troy.

Imparcticle said:

Why, einsteinium ofcourse :tongue2: :biggrin:

Favorite Radioactive Isotope? Americium. What else? Of course this just comes from patrioticium.

*rolls on floor*

Ivan Seeking, that's terrible. :P

Favorite Radioactive Isotope? Astatine-215, or perhaps Illyrion, which according to Plovnievsky is "something else"...

Favorite Radioactive Isotope: Plutonium, carefully steamed, with a nice glass of 1987 chateau Rothschild. Excellent.
Favorite Mineral: Evian
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Latvia, because they won the European song contest (...did they?)
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member: It's so hard to choose (if you don't know any)
I go with Mr. Rumsfeld because of his crazy name.

Historical figure: Tony the Englishman

kuengb said:
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Latvia, because they won the European song contest (...did they?)
Hungary did :tongue2:

Favorite Radioactive Isotope: Iridium-192, because of the success with which it treats brain and breast cancer.
Favorite Mineral: Iron pyrite (fool's gold)
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Czech Republic (I'm like 10% Czech, so why not?)
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member: Tom Ridge (I just love it when he issues all those orange alerts)
Which is your favorite historical figure? Rasputin, no question.

Monique said:
Hungary did :tongue2:
Oh no!

So then: Czech Republic because they just beat the Danish 3:0 (and because of their beer)

Favorite Radioactive Isotope: Turbonium because it makes my wifes New Beetle go VROOOM.

Favorite Radioactive Isotope: Neptunium because Neptune is a funny planet (although I do prefer Uranus). Or maybe Dysprosium because it is a funny word :tongue2:
Favorite Mineral:Chrysoberyl because the name is funny and it has a Mohr hardness 8.5 anjd because it is ornage.
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Romania (dunno why, make good Cellos in Romania and good Bassoons). Like the name of it.
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member: Dunno. Ich bin englisches. Ich spreche nicht deutsch. He He :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

favorite radioactive isotope: Neptunium and Plutonium
Favorite mineral:fool's gold
favorite european nation: Czechlovaskia (spelling??) because its fun to say

What's your favorite force?

mine: electromagnetism

What's your favorite type of wave?

mine: GAMMA

Imparcticle said:
What's your favorite force?
mine: electromagnetism
What's your favorite type of wave?
mine: GAMMA

Need to make addition.

What's your favorite force? Gravity because the affects of it and the equations that go with it remind me of when I was 6 and my Dad taught me it.

What's your favorite type of wave? A goodbye wave :biggrin: . No erm... I have always been partial to infa-red.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Favorite Radioactive Isotope: Uranium-235
Favorite Mineral: uh... ... I dunno, I'll say Haematite...
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Czech Republic...only cos I think they will win Euro 2004. Go PAVEL NEDVED, you are a LEGEND!
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member:

Attila the Hun, or Alexander the Great, or Genghis Khan

jimmy p said:
...Which is your favorite historical figure?

I am going to say Attila the Hun because so many jokes are based around this character.

The Bob (2004 ©)

jimmy p said:

What, no Vlad the Impaler?

jimmy p said:
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Czech Republic...only cos I think they will win Euro 2004. Go PAVEL NEDVED, you are a LEGEND!
You really think so huh? Well, the Netherlands will meet them in the final match so we'll fight it out there :devil:

Monique said:
You really think so huh? Well, the Netherlands will meet them in the final match so we'll fight it out there :devil:

Haha, the Netherlands... if you can get past Portugal on penalties cos that is where it is going to end up.

Favourite Footballer (soccer player)?

Pavel Nedved (the legend) or Edgar Davids (the 1/2 legend)

Ha, I'm not worried about Portugal. How is England doing? Oh wait, they're out, they lost the penalties against Portugal :devil: :tongue2: lol We'll find out on wednesday.

Monique said:
Ha, I'm not worried about Portugal. How is England doing? Oh wait, they're out, they lost the penalties against Portugal :devil: :tongue2: lol We'll find out on wednesday.

Well if there wasn't a biased ref and the penalty shot wasn't rubbish then England would have won and still be in Euro 2004. But that is life.

Favourite Footballer: Nedved because he is quality.

The Bob (2004 ©)

I'll pick the underdog...Go Greece !

Also like praseodymium, europium, dysprosium, cummingtonite (magnesium iron silicate hydroxide) , fuchsite (Cr-rich muskovite) , howlite (calcium borosilicate hydroxide), Colin"Palm Tree" Powell, and Attilla the Hun (who was probably shorter than Aesop, who measured about 3' 6").

Gokul43201 said:
...and Attilla the Hun (who was probably shorter than Aesop, who measured about 3' 6").

That is quiet funny, not that short people are funny. Just that 3' 6" is not heard of too much nowadays.

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
Well if there wasn't a biased ref and the penalty shot wasn't rubbish then England would have won and still be in Euro 2004. But that is life.
Lol, blaming the referee again (who did an excellent job)...

Take it like a man, it was a foul. Would have liked to see England and Portugal in the semi final though...that is life.

kuengb said:
Lol, blaming the referee again (who did an excellent job)...

Take it like a man, it was a foul. Would have liked to see England and Portugal in the semi final though...that is life.

Yeap well that is what I told everyone in England. Just thought as these are international forums I would make a fast point. I must admit that refs are always remembered for the bad parts but he was mainly good. Are you Portugese then and how tall are you?

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
Yeap well that is what I told everyone in England. Just thought as these are international forums I would make a fast point. I must admit that refs are always remembered for the bad parts but he was mainly good. Are you Portugese then and how tall are you?
No I'm not. But my heart is, at least until wednesday.

How tall I am? I am Three Times as high as a man, and I can strangle a bull with my bare hands, and I have no idea why you're asking this question :rolleyes: ...whateva :smile:

kuengb said:
No I'm not. But my heart is, at least until wednesday.

How tall I am? I am Three Times as high as a man, and I can strangle a bull with my bare hands, and I have no idea why you're asking this question :rolleyes: ...whateva :smile:

Sorry, just back to post 27#. Don't answer. No need to. :biggrin:

Thanks for being a good sport.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Ah I see :)

kuengb said:
Ah I see :)

LOL. You do? Well at last. Something on these forums I have written make sense. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Gokul43201 said:
I'll pick the underdog...Go Greece !
Yéééhj, they're in the finally :smile:

Dang... well there goes our plan Monique, both Czech Republic AND Holland are out now... oh well, GO GREECE!

Back