Restore B-Field Signal Using Calibration Table

• Thread starter poklad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Signal
In summary, a user is experiencing difficulty restoring an input signal using an algorithm in Matlab that involves FFT conversion and calibration. They are encountering a jump at the splicing stage and are looking for advice on how to create a filter from their calibration table to resolve the issue.
poklad
Hi All!

I has probe (B-field induction probe) with non linear amplitude-frequency characteristic. I has calibration table with 3 columns: frequency, amplitude, phase. I has output signal U(t) recorded with sample frequency Fs during rather long time.
Can I restore input signal (i.e. B-field amplitude B(t))?
I try to use (in Matlab) the next algorithm: FFT conversion -> apply calibration -> reverse FFT conversion.
But I obtain jump at splicing.

It seems I must create filter from my calibration table and filtered my signal. But how?

Jury

Engineering news on Phys.org
poklad said:
Hi All!

I has probe (B-field induction probe) with non linear amplitude-frequency characteristic. I has calibration table with 3 columns: frequency, amplitude, phase. I has output signal U(t) recorded with sample frequency Fs during rather long time.
Can I restore input signal (i.e. B-field amplitude B(t))?
I try to use (in Matlab) the next algorithm: FFT conversion -> apply calibration -> reverse FFT conversion.
But I obtain jump at splicing.

It seems I must create filter from my calibration table and filtered my signal. But how?

Jury

Sounds like a (lack of) windowing (filter) problem.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/signal/window.html

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Restore B-Field Signal Using Calibration Table

1. What is the purpose of restoring the B-field signal using a calibration table?

The purpose of restoring the B-field signal using a calibration table is to accurately measure and interpret the magnetic field strength in a given experiment or observation. The calibration table provides a reference for converting the signal readings from the instrument into meaningful units of magnetic field strength.

2. How does the calibration table work?

The calibration table works by providing a set of known values for the instrument's signal readings at different magnetic field strengths. These known values are used to create a mathematical relationship between the signal readings and the actual magnetic field strength. This relationship is then used to convert the signal readings into accurate measurements of the magnetic field strength.

3. What factors can affect the accuracy of the calibration table?

There are several factors that can affect the accuracy of the calibration table. These include changes in the instrument's sensitivity over time, changes in the magnetic field strength at the location of the instrument, and errors in the calibration process itself. It is important to regularly check and update the calibration table to ensure accurate measurements.

4. Can the calibration table be used for all types of instruments?

The calibration table is specific to each instrument and the type of magnetic field being measured. Different types of instruments may require different calibration tables, as they may have different sensitivities and measurement ranges. It is important to use the correct calibration table for each instrument to ensure accurate measurements.

5. How often should the calibration table be updated?

The calibration table should be updated regularly, especially if there are any changes in the instrument or the environment in which it is being used. It is recommended to update the calibration table at least once a year, but it may need to be updated more frequently depending on the instrument and the specific experiment or observation being conducted.