Blah ack fshguzhump eh? = my favorite type of fish

• Thread starter likewhaaa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type
In summary, that's me-speak for "hello I'm new, pleased to meet you all". I speak in tongues just because (yeah, just because!) and then I have to translate it. So, hello!
likewhaaa
That's me-speak for "hello I'm new, pleased to meet you all". You see, I speak in tongues just because (yeah, just because!) and then I have to translate it. So, hello!

And my favorite type of fish is...well it depends. Do you mean for eating or for competitive racing (come on, don't tell me no-one in the whole wide world has ever not thought of racing their fish, surely?!) or simply keeping in a pond?

That is all, for this precise moment... watch this spaaaaaaace for more general madness though; I assure you it's way more fun that watching paint dry.

Physics news on Phys.org
likewhaaa said:
Do you mean for eating or for competitive racing (come on, don't tell me no-one in the whole wide world has ever not thought of racing their fish, surely?!) or simply keeping in a pond?

Whichever you like. :biggrin:

jtbell said:
Whichever you like. :biggrin:

Nonono, whichever is bigger :biggrin:

The wise choose the baby guppy.

I would refer to this mini-documentary on which fish to choose x)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan92 said:

You're an evil, evil person :frown:

Welcome to the forum likewhaaa :)

Sooooo, what's your fish? :biggrin:

Ivan92 said:

I didn't come here to be Rickrolled :cry:

:cry:

My fish?

For purely aesthetic reasons, of course, these 3:

monkfish (it likes dentists...deliberate ambiguity here)

monkfish.bmp.jpg

anglerfish (talk about an underbite!)

[PLAIN]http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/deepsea-glowing-angler-fish.jpg

blobfish (now that's just silly)

[URL]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01565/blobfish_1565953c.jpg[/URL]

Hah, imagine getting wacked by that blob fish.

In it's defense, this is what it looks like "in" the water.
pez-blobfish.jpg

They don't have crazy looking sad-human characteristics and big noses.

...*hands the fish slap ceremony to whoever comes next*

Rickrolled and now fishslapped :cry:
(well, I didn't HAVE to reply...damn masochistic tendencies :grumpy:)

Yup, I know this is 3 months dead now, but I couldn't resist updating because over the last few days happenstance has enlightened to further wonders of marine life that I previously never knew existed, which I thought folks here at physicsforums may find interesting:

I give you:

the cookie cutter shark
http://www.realmonstrosities.com/2011/12/cookiecutter-shark.html
cookiecutter_teeth.jpg

isistius_brasiliensis.jpg

I'm not going to say what I think it looks like. Suffice it to say it would be a male version of the movie 'Teeth'. I am female. I am allowed to make these crude observations.

Anyway, this is now on my list of favorite fish. Never mind that sharks are technically mammals. I don't care. I likes it and I wants it on my favorite fish list. So there.

Ivan92 said:

I got my government protecting me for once.

YVS1oz6.png

likewhaaa said:
Yup, I know this is 3 months dead now, but I couldn't resist updating because over the last few days happenstance has enlightened to further wonders of marine life that I previously never knew existed, which I thought folks here at physicsforums may find interesting:

I give you:

the cookie cutter shark
http://www.realmonstrosities.com/2011/12/cookiecutter-shark.html
cookiecutter_teeth.jpg

isistius_brasiliensis.jpg
I'm not going to say what I think it looks like. Suffice it to say it would be a male version of the movie 'Teeth'. I am female. I am allowed to make these crude observations.Anyway, this is now on my list of favorite fish. Never mind that sharks are technically mammals. I don't care. I likes it and I wants it on my favorite fish list. So there.
Talk about bumps...Anyway sharks are fishes.
EDIT: Belated fishslap to likewhaa with a cookie-cutter shark

1. What is "Blah ack fshguzhump eh"?

"Blah ack fshguzhump eh" is not a real type of fish. It is a made-up phrase used as an example in this question.

2. Is "Blah ack fshguzhump eh" a scientific term?

No, "Blah ack fshguzhump eh" is not a scientific term. It is a nonsensical phrase used as an example.

3. How do you pronounce "Blah ack fshguzhump eh"?

As this is not a real term, there is no correct way to pronounce it. It is simply a made-up phrase.

4. What is your favorite type of fish?

As a scientist, I do not have a personal favorite type of fish. My research and work cover a wide range of fish species, and I do not have a preference for one over the others.

5. Can I use "Blah ack fshguzhump eh" in my scientific research?

No, "Blah ack fshguzhump eh" has no scientific meaning and should not be used in any research or scientific work. It is simply a made-up phrase used as an example.