Sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring

In summary, the speaker is working on an HHO dry-cell project and needs to decide on appropriate sensors for monitoring the process parameters. These include a sensor for monitoring the electrolyte level in the bubbler and in the dry-cell, as well as a digital pressure sensor and a temperature sensor. The speaker also plans to use a flow/rotameter and compare its readings with the traditional displacement method in order to find a correction factor. They are seeking suggestions for sensors with a digital display.
polka129
Hello All,

i am working on an HHO dry-cell project for which i need to decide upon the sensors to be used in monitoring the process parameters.

1. some sensor for monitoring and displaying the electrolyte level in the bubbler during experiment.

2. some sensor for monitoring the electrolyte level in the dry-cell.this is very critical.although i have made 2mm holes in the SS 316 L plates(anode,cathode and neutral) in bottom zig-zag arrangement to allow for equal flow and equal leveling of electroylte in each cell.i still need to ensure that this is achieved..what should i do for that? unequal electrolyte level in cells will certainly overheat them.

3. do i need a digital pressure sensor? where do i installl it?i intend to buy a flow/rotameter too.intially will measure the HHO flow rate by displacement method(in the water tub and 1 litre bottle) and have maximum readings for one configuration/experiment. will compare the rotamter readings with this conventional method to find the correction factor and will key that in MS EXCEL.so that this should relief me from performing the displacement method for all those experiment i perform..

4. what sensor to use for reading and monitoring the dry-cell temperature?

Please suggest the appropriate sensors for each .sensors with a digital display would be preferable.

regards,

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thread closed for Moderation...

1. What are sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring?

Sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring are devices that measure and monitor the performance of a HHO dry-cell, which is used to produce hydrogen and oxygen gas from water. These sensors can gather data on various parameters such as temperature, pressure, and gas production rate, to ensure the optimal functioning of the dry-cell.

2. How do sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring work?

Sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring work by detecting and measuring changes in the environment surrounding the dry-cell. They use different methods such as thermocouples, pressure transducers, and flow meters to gather data and send signals to a monitoring system.

3. Why are sensors important for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring?

Sensors are important for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring because they provide real-time data on the functioning of the dry-cell. This data can help identify any potential issues or inefficiencies in the system, allowing for timely adjustments and maintenance to ensure optimal performance and safety.

4. How accurate are sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring?

The accuracy of sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring depends on the type of sensor and its calibration. Generally, these sensors have a high level of accuracy and precision, providing reliable data for monitoring and control purposes.

5. Can sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring be used in different types of dry-cells?

Yes, sensors for HHO dry-cell performance monitoring can be used in various types of dry-cells, as long as they are compatible and properly installed. However, it is important to choose sensors that are specifically designed for HHO dry-cell monitoring to ensure accurate and reliable data collection.