Calculating Original Vectors: Solving for Net Force"

• Thread starter JEscribir
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vectors
In summary, To find the original forces that are being added to get the net force, decompose them into their components and use a system of equations to solve for their magnitudes.
JEscribir
Given the net force how would I go about solving for the original vectors that are being added?

Physics news on Phys.org
I know what the net forces angle and magnitude is... I need to find the magnitude of the original forces(3 of them) which are added to get the net force; All the original forces are at fixed poistions and I do know their Angles; How would I find the the original forces magnitude's?

Well the forces are probably concurrent, so simply decompose into their components and the resultant force into their components too, and make nxn system of equations (n = number of components).

What are original vectors?

Original vectors, also known as basis vectors, are a set of linearly independent vectors used to define a vector space. They serve as the building blocks for all other vectors in that space.

Why do we need original vectors?

Original vectors are essential in mathematics and science because they provide a standard reference frame for describing and analyzing vector quantities. They also allow for the creation of a coordinate system, which is crucial in many mathematical and scientific applications.

How do original vectors help in vector operations?

Original vectors help in vector operations by providing a basis for representing and manipulating vectors. They allow for the decomposition of a vector into its component parts, making it easier to perform operations such as addition, subtraction, and scalar multiplication.

Can original vectors be non-numeric?

Yes, original vectors can be non-numeric. In addition to numerical vectors, there are also geometric vectors, which are used in geometry and physics to represent physical quantities such as force and velocity.

What is the difference between original vectors and standard basis vectors?

Original vectors and standard basis vectors are often used interchangeably, but there is a subtle difference between the two. Original vectors refer to any linearly independent set of vectors that define a vector space, while standard basis vectors specifically refer to the standard unit vectors (i,j,k) used in three-dimensional space.