Can You Bust These Myths in the Discovery MythBusters Quiz?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, a conversation about a school quiz and Mythbusters revealed a policy in colleges where a student's roommate receives a 4.0 GPA if the student commits suicide. The participants also discussed their scores on the quiz and their knowledge of alcohol myths. One person also mentioned wanting to try the penny donation method mentioned in the quiz.
Physics news on Phys.org
I am doing the school quiz... First question..

It is a standard policy in most colleges that if a student commits suicide, his or her roommate automatically receives a 4.0 grade point average for the semester.

:rofl:

On the school quiz: You've won 60 total points out of a possible 100.

Ouch! Some were surprising.

Last edited:
I know my alcohol.

Congratulations!
You've won 100 total points out of a possible 100.

OK, nice job on the Alcohol myths. But you're not done yet, now, are you?
Didn't think so.

Well i am not getting my tongue pierced now.

wolram said:
Well i am not getting my tongue pierced now.
Good decision. :approve:

I want to try the penny donation thing outlined in the school quiz.

What is the purpose of a myth or fact quiz?

A myth or fact quiz is designed to test a person's knowledge and understanding of popular beliefs or rumors. It aims to separate truth from fiction and educate individuals on common misconceptions.

How accurate are myth or fact quizzes?

The accuracy of a myth or fact quiz can vary depending on the source and the quality of the information presented. It is important to fact-check the answers and use reliable sources.

Why are myth or fact quizzes important?

Myth or fact quizzes are important because they help to dispel false information and promote critical thinking. They also encourage individuals to research and learn about various topics.

Can myth or fact quizzes be biased?

Yes, myth or fact quizzes can be biased depending on who created them and the information they choose to include. It is essential to use multiple sources and be aware of potential biases.

How can I create my own myth or fact quiz?

To create a myth or fact quiz, you should research and gather information from reliable sources. Then, come up with a variety of questions and answers, making sure to include a mix of myths and facts. Finally, use a quiz-making platform or app to format and share your quiz.