Help, very simple mikroC compiler question.

• Thread starter Dela91
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Compiler
In summary, to retrieve the Hex file for a program you have created, click the build button and check the same directory where you have created the project. Keep in mind that the hex file will only be generated if the build is successful and there are no errors.
Dela91
once I have wrote a program and clicked the build button how do I retrive the Hex file for the progam I just created, so I can import the hex file on to my programer? Your time is appreciated. -word

Technology news on Phys.org
Dela91 said:
once I have wrote a program and clicked the build button how do I retrive the Hex file for the progam I just created, so I can import the hex file on to my programer? Your time is appreciated. -word

hello..you can find the hex file in the same directory in which you have created the project.
microC generates hex file only if it is built without any errors.
waiting to hear from you..!

It's two years later and I have to say I have quit my project...=(

1. What is the mikroC compiler and what does it do?

The mikroC compiler is a software tool used to convert human-readable code written in the C programming language into machine code that can be executed by a microcontroller. It is commonly used in embedded systems development.

2. Do I need any prior knowledge or experience to use the mikroC compiler?

While prior knowledge or experience in programming can be helpful, the mikroC compiler is designed to be user-friendly and easy to learn. It provides a user-friendly interface and comprehensive documentation to help beginners get started.

3. Can I use the mikroC compiler for any microcontroller?

The mikroC compiler supports a wide range of microcontrollers, including popular ones like PIC, AVR, and ARM. However, it is always recommended to check the list of supported microcontrollers before starting a project.

4. How do I debug my code using the mikroC compiler?

The mikroC compiler has a built-in debugger that allows you to step through your code and track the values of variables. It also offers features like breakpoints and watch windows to help with debugging.

5. Is the mikroC compiler free to use?

No, the mikroC compiler is not free to use. However, it does offer a free trial version with limited features. To unlock the full functionality, a license must be purchased.