Webassign due in like half hour i have the problem down but its not working

• Thread starter lettertwelve
  • Start date
In summary, there may be a few reasons why your answer is not being accepted on Webassign, such as incorrect format or technical issues. Extensions on Webassign assignments are usually not granted, so it is important to plan ahead and give yourself enough time to complete the assignment. Once an answer is submitted on Webassign, it cannot be changed, but some instructors may allow resubmissions for partial credit. Once the due date has passed, you will no longer be able to submit your assignment. To check your grade on Webassign, you can usually find it under the "Grades" tab or your instructor may provide feedback under the "Feedback" tab.
lettertwelve
webassign due in like half hour! i have the problem down...but its not working!

Homework Statement

A steam iron draws 8.0 A when connected to a potential difference of 120 V.
(a) What is the power rating of this iron? 960 W <<<<correct

(b) How many joules of energy are produced in 20.0 min?
320 J <<<incorrect why?

(c) How much does it cost to run the iron for 20.0 min at $0.010/kW·h?
.0032 $ <<<<correct

Homework Equations

for part b: 960*(20/60) = 320

whys it wrong?!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
One Watt = one Joule per second. You need to multiply the power (960 W) by the time in seconds (not hours).

It seems that you have calculated the power correctly in part (a), but for part (b), you have used the wrong equation. To calculate the energy produced, you need to use the formula E = Pt, where E is the energy in joules, P is the power in watts, and t is the time in seconds. Since the time given in the problem is in minutes, you will need to convert it to seconds before plugging it into the equation. This will give you the correct answer for part (b). Keep in mind that the unit for energy is joules, not watts.

Also, for part (c), you have correctly calculated the cost, but the unit should be in dollars, not cents. So the correct answer would be $0.0032. I hope this helps you understand the problem better and how to approach it in the future. Make sure to always double check your units and equations to ensure accuracy in your calculations. Good luck!

1. Why is my answer not being accepted on Webassign even though I have the correct solution?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are entering your answer in the correct format and using the appropriate units. Also, double check for any calculation or rounding errors. If everything looks correct, there may be a technical issue with the website. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache.

2. Can I get an extension on my Webassign assignment if I am having trouble submitting it?

Unfortunately, extensions on Webassign assignments are typically not granted. It is important to plan ahead and give yourself enough time to complete the assignment before the deadline. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, reach out to your instructor for assistance.

3. I accidentally submitted the wrong answer on Webassign. Can I change it?

In most cases, once an answer is submitted on Webassign, it cannot be changed. However, some instructors may allow you to resubmit your work for partial credit. If this is not an option, make sure to carefully check your answers before submitting them.

4. The due date for my Webassign assignment has passed. Can I still submit it?

Once the due date has passed, you will no longer be able to submit your assignment on Webassign. It is important to stay on top of your assignments and submit them before the deadline to avoid any late penalties.

5. How can I check my grade on Webassign?

Your grade on Webassign can usually be found under the "Grades" tab on the website. Your instructor may also provide you with feedback on your submissions, which can be found under the "Feedback" tab. If you are having trouble finding your grade, reach out to your instructor for assistance.